Trying to find the WiFi adapter in Toshiba L55-C5272

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeesorem

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
I have been having connection issues with my Toshiba Laptop. My ISP said he thinks it is probably my WiFi adapter inside the laptop. I removed the cover, but could not find the chip on the motherboard. The system is still under warranty so I didn't remove the motherboard from the keyboard -- my other Toshiba has the WiFi adapter just inside the case. I contacted Toshiba to see if I could get a diagram/schematic showing where things are and they gave me the irisvista.com site, but there is nothing there for the L55. I'm not a complete newby at working on systems, but without taking this completely apart and voiding the warranty, I'm not sure where to look. Can you point me in the right direction? The reason for doing all this is that the laptop will only connect to my router if I'm right next to it. I'm trying to rule out the adapter because CenturyLink swears it isn't them and won't proceed further until I prove otherwise. Thanks!!

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Does it work ok at a coffee shop or someone else's house/business?
You can also buy a cheap USB wireless adapter and if that works fine then your ISP is off the hook.
What model adapter is in your Toshiba? (you can find that in the device manager)

sandeesorem

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016

I live out of town and don't have access to other wireless access. I think I have a friend with a USB wireless adapter tho. Thanks for the idea -- I'll try it out when I get home this evening :)

Aug 30, 2018
This OP is old as heck, however I was looking to replace the wi-fi card in my L55-C5272, and was really hoping to find the location of the card in this article, seeing as it was at the top of the Google search list... However, there was no answer in here... :(

I found it elsewhere however, so am posting here! This website link below shows complete disassembly of an L55-C5272, including the location of method of removal of this unit's wi-fi card.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/how-to-disassemble-toshiba-satellite-l55-l55d-l50-l50d/

Hopefully this helps someone in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.