Solved! Trying to fix a Samsung UN65HU9000

Feb 18, 2019
I got a used Samsung UN65HU9000 and thought I could fix it. I used compressed air to clean the ribbon cable connectors from any dust. However, the problem still persists. The screen shows a green screen on startup and seems to replace the black color. Also, I do get an error warning stating that it's cooling fan doesn't seem to be working since the TV is heating up. I have the one connect box, but no stand.

I tried to clean the connectors of the ribbon cables with isopropyl alcohol and it didn't work.

Can anyone explain to me the proper procedure to fixing this? Thank you.

Solution
It was hard to tell to be honest. I didn't have a stand, so I had the TV simply stand upright when testing it. That would block the vents.

The only boards I saw are the ones one would see from removing the back panel of the TV. Are there even more boards below the metal panels?

Probably not full boards but other parts yes. Normally TV repair is a wasted time unless you are actually doing it as a job and have a bunch of knowledge of each set, as well as have spare parts to try. There are plenty of times when people replace boards, screens, and the issue still remains.
Feb 18, 2019
Is the fan actually running or no? Could be a bad screen, could be a bad system board. Just cleaning connections won't do it.

It was hard to tell to be honest. I didn't have a stand, so I had the TV simply stand upright when testing it. That would block the vents.

The only boards I saw are the ones one would see from removing the back panel of the TV. Are there even more boards below the metal panels?

Probably not full boards but other parts yes. Normally TV repair is a wasted time unless you are actually doing it as a job and have a bunch of knowledge of each set, as well as have spare parts to try. There are plenty of times when people replace boards, screens, and the issue still remains.

Solution