Trying to run 2 screens on my laptop

WickedKing

Estimable
Apr 20, 2015
Im just wondering if two screens on my laptop aspire 7741G without the laptopscreen could work? As of right now im using only 1 seperate screen because the laptopscreen has a crack and im limited on seeing only certain parts of the display. So im wondering if the laptop could handle a second monitor connected via HDMI? So in the end i could work or browse with two screens instead of one and ignoring the laptopscreen itself or laptop closed?

Solution
Hi,

That might just work but you'll need to open the laptop first then disconnect the built in display from the motherboard. Once the built in display has been disconnected connect both monitor using your VGA & HDMI connectors, press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Extended Display then press Enter.

Hopefully this will work.
Hi,

That might just work but you'll need to open the laptop first then disconnect the built in display from the motherboard. Once the built in display has been disconnected connect both monitor using your VGA & HDMI connectors, press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Extended Display then press Enter.

Hopefully this will work.

Solution