Trying to send audio out on LG 55" UHD 4K 55UH6030

sizeseven86

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
Just purchased the lg 55" UHD 4K 55UH6030 and i am trying to hook it into my existing sound setup. On my old tv i used two rca cables audio out to the aux inputs on my Pioneer SX-1000TW receiver. Problem is the new lg tv has only optical out or h/p out. I tried buying an optical to rca converter but i am unable to control the tv volume from the remote...the volume would have to adjusted by directly moving the receiver dial. Also, for whatever reason i can't figure out how to get the h/p out to work. tried a 3.5mm to rca adapter that didn't work and also does not work with standard 3.5mm headphones. The tv's audio out options are internal speaker, optical/hdmi out, optical out (sound sync), and internal + optical/hdmi out. So no way to switch to h/p out?

-What am i missing to get the h/p out jack to work? I feel like this could solve my problem getting sound to the old receiver and controlling the sound from the tv.
-If the h/p out jack is just not going to work...is there a way to get sound through my old receiver while controlling the sound from the tv?
-am i going to buy a new receiver to get this work?

Solution
The headphone out is the only way to control the volume with the TV remote. The optical and ARC outputs are fixed.
Plug in headphones and try each setting in the TV audio menu while listening. Check the manual. Maybe the h/p out is bad.
If you got a new receiver you would use its remote for volume not the TV remote.
The headphone out is the only way to control the volume with the TV remote. The optical and ARC outputs are fixed.
Plug in headphones and try each setting in the TV audio menu while listening. Check the manual. Maybe the h/p out is bad.
If you got a new receiver you would use its remote for volume not the TV remote.

Solution

DjEzhel

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017

There is not 3.5 mm headphone out. There is but I read that its an input not for output and I am have the same issue. Bought an Optical to 3.5mm adapter and still no audio into my headphones or speakers