Trying To Upgrade Acer Aspire V3-572PG-50X5

CodeZombie62

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
Earlier today I ordered and received an SSD and 8GB of RAM for my Acer Aspire V3-572PG-50X5 (gotta love Amazon Prime). I then attempted to open my laptop and didn't have much luck. Apparently the good folks at Acer really don't want me poking around in there. It's been a while but I have upgraded memory on laptops before so I'm no stranger to doing it. I looked around online for tips on how to open the laptop case but couldn't find anything for my specific model. I took out all of the screws from the bottom and tried carefully prying the bottom piece away from the rest of the laptop but I couldn't figure out how to separate it from the back portion where the hinges are. I also noticed that there are some thin ribbon cables that appear to connect the keyboard to the motherboard and I'm guessing that I will need to disconnect them as well. For now I have closed it back up and figured I'd post a message here (at least I didn't break it). Can anyone tell me how to get this thing open so I can install my new components? If nothing else I will return the parts to Amazon.

Thanks in advance.

Scott

Solution
Well, I wasn't able to get back to work on it last weekend but I just finished getting it done today. Once I got it open all the way swapping out the HDD for an SSD was fairly easy. The tricky part was adding the additional 8GB of RAM. The memory sockets are on the underside of the motherboard and getting it out enough that I could access the sockets proved to be interesting. Ultimately, I got the additional memory installed as well and got it put back together again. So far it's working great. Thanks for the assist!

CodeZombie62

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
Well, I wasn't able to get back to work on it last weekend but I just finished getting it done today. Once I got it open all the way swapping out the HDD for an SSD was fairly easy. The tricky part was adding the additional 8GB of RAM. The memory sockets are on the underside of the motherboard and getting it out enough that I could access the sockets proved to be interesting. Ultimately, I got the additional memory installed as well and got it put back together again. So far it's working great. Thanks for the assist!

Solution