Trying to upgrade Toshiba NB550D screen from WSVGA to WXGA

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Lezuziusz

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014

It's my day :) ... maybe :) Thats the link ive ordered from (http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/280733555210) , almost , but the connector is on the bottom left. Seller is lcd4laptop. They sent the LG , ive asked them to swap it , they said i should post it back and they refund. Now im asked them again to swap please , any other brands they have. Waiting for their reply. Thats why ive asked if you could tell the brand of yours.

jbbandos

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013

I don't recall which brand is mine, but I'll check if you want. Its really bad luck that the screen doesn't work for you.

Lezuziusz

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014

That whould be nice ! One more specific brand to check.
I'll be waiting for your reply then

Neooo

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

The brand that worked for me was Samsung, I believe. I'm 99.9999% sure about that. If you really need it, I may have time to crack the laptop open over the weekend.

Lezuziusz

Estimable
Feb 14, 2014

Hello Neooo !

If you are sure it's Samsung, then don't. The "original" Samsung is confirmed working. The main problem is that if you search on ebay for Samsung LTN101AT03 , the most hits are replacement screens "confirmed" to work. In our case LG isnt good , as Wrathlon69 and I can state. I ordered from here : ebay link

If you scroll and read carefully , not as i did , then you see Screen Brands in the specification :

AU Oprtonics
Chunghwa
Chi Mei
HannStar
Hyundai-BOEhydis
Innolux
IVO
LG Philips
Quanta
Samsung
Sharp
Toshiba

I assume these are the manufacturers that made LTN101AT03 compatible screens. Ive asked the seller if they got any of other than LG, but they didnt replied yet.

cjbf

Estimable
Jun 2, 2014
Following this very useful thread I have very recently bought a 1366 x768 LTN101AT03 screen from here (the page says WSVGA but the resolution is listed as 1366 x768 and that what Windows reports when fitted. It works fine, and is a useful upgrade given that my screen had cracked anyway. The make of the screen is Chunghwa (part no. CLAA101WA01). Apart from the swapped brightness up/down behaviour mentioned by others, everything appears to be working well.
(The first screen I bought was fron Lcd4Laptop and that was made by LG, and it indeed had the same probems as others have reported. The company checked and said they had no other makes in stock.)