turn off screen

Solution

define close thing pl

boju

Distinguished
This is what happens when people don't elaborate pjg and by the looks of things, you actually turned off your laptop knowing it would to see if it would turn off your monitor might suggest you need a few lessons in understanding a computer.

Anyway to turn off your monitor it is done via screen saver power options. There you will have an option to turn off the display at a certain time.

Also you're able to change what closing the laptop lid does, either powering down monitor, shutting down laptop or do nothing.

EasyLover

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
I'm sorry but it was not mentioned that pjg is using laptop otherwise reply would have been different. Agreed with boju. No need to look any further you've the solution pjg and please always describe your system as it would be helpful in answering.

pjg

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

well it is a laptop thread so i thout you met for a laptop sorry

Hi, nobody has answered the question, look at the function keys, you must have a key that looks like one of those.

Screen.jpg

EasyLover

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013
Dear pl follow the steps and you'll have your solution:

Click at Start button on you taskbar. Go to Control Panel. Go to Power Options. Click at advanced. "When I press the sleep button on my computer" choose standby mode.

Now check for button on your keyboard having a half moon on it. By pressing the function key and this half moon key, you system will enter in standby mode and screen will turn off. It'll be back when your move your mouse or press any key.

pjg

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
i got it now and all i needed to do was close it but what i wanted it to do is to not sleep so i just had to changed it to were it just turns off my screen

thank you all

EasyLover

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

Good to read that your problem is resolved. Pl close the thread.

pjg

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

thee only problem is there is no close thing. so i do not mine it if it never closes

pjg

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012

thee only problem is there is no close thing and i do not mine it if it never closes

EasyLover

Honorable
Dec 30, 2013

define close thing pl

Solution