Turns off byitself.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ChocoPowder

Honorable
Apr 24, 2013
I have 2 problems.

I started with a bsod of atikmpag.sys
I think i fixed it, but playing around with the sony laptop it turned off by itself.

I tried restoring tk latest windows update but it still turns off. And i check if it was a battery problem but it wasnt. I then opened up the laptop if it needed cleaning but the laptop isnide was clean. So it cant be heating up could it?

Btw, everytime it turns off i can hear a one time click sound.

I want to reset to windows 7 professional but it wont even let me get to safe mode. It will turn off after a while.

Also to add. The start up repair doesnt help fix the problem

Any ideas on how to fix it?

8ap9.jpg
[/URL][/img]

COLGeek

Cybernaut
This is still most likely a heat and/or power issue (shutdown at 10 secs is the clue and a click). The click is likely the HDD spinning down.

Try this. Remove the HDD and see if anything changes when starting the system. You should getting a missing drive error, bit it will not harm the system in any way.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
As this is a newer system have you contacted Sony about this. Earlier, you said the system was out of warranty, but it is worth a shot.

It seems you have disassembled the system at least twice, I suggest opening again and double checking that is connected properly.