TV Audio to Smartphone using bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E-Machine

Estimable
Dec 7, 2014
Hello-
I am looking at how to get my tv's sound onto my GS5 phone. If I buy a bluetooth transmitter will be phone be able to receive the sound? And then if I put headphones into my phone I'll be able to hear the tv sound still?

(For those that are curious of why I want to do this- I ride a bike trainer which can be quite loud & I have to turn up my tv really loud to be able to hear it. If I can transmit the sound to my phone and plug headphones in then at least the rest of my apartment building doesn't have to hear my tv show. Plus I'll be able to hear the tv better by plugging out the sound of the bike trainer).

Any suggestions for how to do this? I'm looking for inexpensive options.

Thanks!

Solution
Best thing to do is buy a bluetooth speaker of somesort, though those are pretty expensive, or you could get a inexpensive pair of bluetooth headphones on amazon. Just get headphones and a transmitter.
Not really. If you are receiving the sound from the tv to the phone, which I'm not sure is really possible, then it won't play out the headphones.

easier solution would be a bluetooth transmitter and bluetooth headphones and eliminate the phone all together. headphone out from TV to transmitter to bluetooth headphones.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Best thing to do is buy a bluetooth speaker of somesort, though those are pretty expensive, or you could get a inexpensive pair of bluetooth headphones on amazon. Just get headphones and a transmitter.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.