Tv can’t detect laptop

joekhayat01.jk

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
Yesterday I tried connecting my friend’s laptop to my tv, and it totally worked! However, today I tried connecting my laptop to the same tv but it said “no signal” on the tv even though my laptop detected a connection and I set it as “display on second screen only”. And I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with my HDMI cable and all the cable connections are correct. What can I do to fix it?

Solution
HDMI when connecting a computer to a TV can be a big pain. It's often not consistent in how it works.
The order you boot the laptop and select the input on the TV affect the way the TV and laptop "handshake" so try reversing the order. It can take 10 seconds for the extended desktop to come up in the TV.
I would also suggest changing the setting so that the built in display still works and the TV is the 2nd screen.
HDMI when connecting a computer to a TV can be a big pain. It's often not consistent in how it works.
The order you boot the laptop and select the input on the TV affect the way the TV and laptop "handshake" so try reversing the order. It can take 10 seconds for the extended desktop to come up in the TV.
I would also suggest changing the setting so that the built in display still works and the TV is the 2nd screen.

Solution