TV connected to DVD via HDMI cable says no signal

Oct 3, 2018
When I connect my Vivax HDTV with my Philips DVD via HDMI cable,the TV says no signal.
I tried the same thing with another DVD and the same thing happens.
When I used the same HDMI cable in the same port to connect the TV and my laptop, it worked no problem.
Please help !

A cable that works for your laptop might not work for a DVD player. Try a different cable. Try another HDMI input.
If the DVD player is set to output a higher resolution than the TV can accept that usually shows as "no signal".
Connect the player to another TV and set the resolution lower in the player set up menu.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
THEBDC Streaming Video & TVs 7
H Streaming Video & TVs 3
H Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 4
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 3
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 7
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
V Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
G Streaming Video & TVs 6
Similar threads
Question Connecting DVR to tv and cable box
Solved! Need help connecting HDTV, DVR, PS4 to a Sony Home Theatre system with only one HDMI OUT.
How to connect my Sony DVD player model HCD-DX150 to my new Samsung tv model UN50NU6950 using component cable green blue red
Solved! Connect roku with male hdmi to coax 75 ohm tv input (adapter)?
Solved! Connected TV to PC with HDMI to USB cable nothing
Solved! Soundbar Connect to Receiver
I connected DVD w/ red/green/blue cable to converter box to samsung smart tv via HDMI cable, picture quality terrible. No tru
Last person using tv in motel, connected a fire stick for gaming. Now the universal remote doesn’t work properly - how to f
My hdmi cable connected to tv and hp ..but i found NO SIGNAL on my tv screen
trying to connect a TV (older RCA) to a Dell oc with windows 10 via HDMI cable - tv GETS "NO SIGNAL". Help
Cannot connect my tv box to my Toshiba. Keep getting no Signal
my tv's coaxial connection will not receive the cable signal....Is there another way to connect my tv to cable tv
Hi, I have a LG smart Tv, i have no problem connecting to the wifi, but i cannot get no signal from my cable provider. initial
I connect PC to TV with HDMI cable and I lose TV signal.
Macbook Pro connected via direct HDMI port but hdtv says it cannot detect a signal ?
No signal message on TV when connecting laptop (Windows 10) to TV via HDMI cable.
My hdmi cables are connected to tv and laptop but I only get a "no signal" on my tv
I have a 32" rca picture tube tv that was getting an intermittent signal like a bad connection where antenna screws into coax
Connecting PC to HDTV (Samsung). HDMI cable worked previously but now says No Signal.
My tv says no signal input when connected to hdmi

ASK THE COMMUNITY