Solved! Tv cycling power, not turning on.

Jundals NZ

Honorable
Dec 29, 2014
Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. I have a veon TV that when I go to turn it on the led changes from red to green and the screen back light will turn on for about a Second then go out and the led goes back to red. This repeats itself over and over like it's trying to turn on but failing. If I leave it long enough it sometimes will eventually turn on and works fine but seems to be random when it will decide to turn on.
Anybody have a similar experience or know what's going on?

Solution
it sounds like the power supply board is having issues.

I have had a similar issue. I sidestepped it by leaving the TV on, once it powered on I did not shut it off. I had to disable the power saving shutdown features, but once the TV started it stayed on fine. I know its not ideal but its an option.

R_1

Estimable
Herald
it sounds like the power supply board is having issues.

I have had a similar issue. I sidestepped it by leaving the TV on, once it powered on I did not shut it off. I had to disable the power saving shutdown features, but once the TV started it stayed on fine. I know its not ideal but its an option.

Solution

InvalidError

Distinguished
I had a similar issue with two LG monitors and in both cases, it was dying caps on the standby power supply. Caps on the main outputs weren't faring any better in both cases either, so I replaced those as well while I was at it. I'm still using both on a daily basis 5+ years after the repairs.