TV mounting on top of fireplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooltype

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
Good day,

I always thought that mounting a TV on a regular mount over a fireplace would make watching TV uncomfortable.

I didn't have a choice other then on top of the fireplace, so I started looking around for a solution until I found the "Down and Out Swivel Mount" from Dynamic Mounting.

You can move the TV in all direction, PLUS pull it down for easy viewing. The whole TV is supported a very high quality support that can handle any 40" flat panel TV from 25 to 120lbs.

The product, service and shipping are amazing, and they offer rebates too!

Here are some pictures of my installation. Not finished yet... still working on it

Cheers,

R!
photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%203.JPG

photo%204.JPG

That is definitely a good idea with some potential issues.
One is visible in the picture. Any wall outlets for ac and cables need to be mounted so they are not visible when the set is lowered or raised. Have your electrician move the box lower. That will make dressing the cables easier too.
Is there a cover for the bracket? Since you will be staring at the bracket all the time you watch TV it might bother some people. Maybe paint it to match the wall?
The more important thing is that it is not motorized so most people will be too lazy to lower and raise the screen.
Will be cool. Enjoy

cflynn8081

Estimable
Jan 8, 2015
Hi Cooltype,

I also bought a Down and Out Mount, great buy.

For your wiring, I suggest you attach all your cables with zip ties and bands, give yourself a lot of slack. I had to create an additional hole in my drywall (close to the dead center of the mount). Keeps my wires out of view in both the up and down position.

See attached,
Power cord was added to the hole behind the TV, now no wires are shown.

IMG_4566.jpg
[/url]
image hoster[/img]

SaSa_3

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
I used a similar mount in the UK called tranquil mount. It has gas spring for easy pull down.

lynelle_rs

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
I installed an LP fireplace in my parent's home -- my Dad was worried about the TV above the fireplace because he thought it would strain his neck. I also purchased the Down and Out Mount from DynamicMounting.com and it is working out very good. The TV can be pulled down very easily to any height you want. It also can be tilted forward when it is in the up position. I was worried about the heat of the fireplace, so I purchase a meat thermometer and zip tied the probe to the bottom of the TV mount, I set the thermometer to alarm if the temperature goes above 110 degrees -- so far the heat has stayed right around 90 degrees so it hasn't been a problem. Love the mount -- you definitely get what you pay for -- and they have a rebate offer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.