TV only works with PC in Extend/Duplicate mode but not independently

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBeAsTLy

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
I've been using these forums for years now and you guys have always helped me find a solution to my problems just by me lurking around but this time I'm going to finally make my first post because I can't find an answer anywhere.

I just got a new samsung ks8000 that i was going to use as my pc monitor. For some reason the pc only displays a picture when it is set to extend mode or duplicate mode. Whenever I try to have just the TV by itself displayed, both screens go black. I also tried with just the TV plugged in which ultimately is the plan. Im using a Asus strix GTX 970 and I have windows 10. When using onboard hdmi, the tv works fine by itself. Another weird thing i would like to mention is before it wouldn't even work in extend mode. It only worked in duplicate mode and when I would put in on extend mode, the tv displayed nothing while the monitor displayed the pc glitching out, switching between the home screen and whatever apps I had open every three seconds basically not letting me do anything. I fixed this by going to NVIDIA control panel and using that to switch it to extend mode and then it works perfectly now. Another weird thing is the TV was working fine independently when I first got it. Out of nowhere it said no signal when I was overclocking my gpu using Asus GPU tweak. I thought I blew my gpu but ultimately got to where im at now and I clocked it back down to default settings. I believe this to be a software issue and Im considering going back to windows 7.

Solution
Apparently it has to do with it being in 4k running at 60 fps which doesn't make sense to me because the picture went out randomly. I wasn't messing with any of those settings. So my solution was to turn it down to 30 hz.

xBeAsTLy

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016
Apparently it has to do with it being in 4k running at 60 fps which doesn't make sense to me because the picture went out randomly. I wasn't messing with any of those settings. So my solution was to turn it down to 30 hz.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.