Tv screen display flashes to pink and green with android mxq pro tv box

duncanp

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Hi I have a mxq pro tv box. When connected to the tv, every few minutes the display color washes out to pink and green. It corrects itself after a few minutes but then switches again later, frustrating when the film hits a good bit. It's as though there is a driver communication issue. The tv is a Sony bravia model KDL-32ex 402. Many thanks in advance, Duncan

Solution
I found that the box is defective mine did the same thing right out of the box. As many other people have reported the same issue of the MXQ Pro TV Box. Best to return it for a new one. and Pray that the new one works.Just my 2 cents. It seems there allot of these going out with defective memory. Seems to be the problem.

duncanp

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016

Many thanks for getting back to me. I am connecting the box via HDMI cable. The firmware in the box is up to date. Not sure how to update or check the tv firmware though. Any help would be appreciated thanks

philwebmaster

Commendable
Oct 14, 2016
I found that the box is defective mine did the same thing right out of the box. As many other people have reported the same issue of the MXQ Pro TV Box. Best to return it for a new one. and Pray that the new one works.Just my 2 cents. It seems there allot of these going out with defective memory. Seems to be the problem.

Solution
It´s no hardware defect, it´s just a firmware problem. If the Box has an option "force RGB" then activate it or try to set your TV to YUV colors.

http://androidforums.com/threads/intermittent-pink-screen-on-tv-with-ott-mxq-pro-box.1053377/

also you can try the AV port to connect your box to your tv, there it should be working without prolems of color distortion, but of course wouldn´t be high quality