Solved! TV shuts off when I turn on AV receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

This test is not about the video, is about HDMI CEC doing the opposite of what it's suppose to do, but OK, I trust you followed instruction and the TV STILL shuts off.

Lets be clear, when u say TV OFF, u mean like you manually off it and it goes back to a standby mode, and LED indicator says so.

Last thing to try is, use an extension cord, plug the TV into another outlet, ideally one on a separate breaker.

If all fails, follow manual to reset TV to factory.

After this, I throw my hands up.
Jan 1, 2019

Thanks for the suggestions, but neither one works. I pulled the HDMI connection only to loose the video. I tried powering the receiver manually but that shut off the TV.

This test is not about the video, is about HDMI CEC doing the opposite of what it's suppose to do, but OK, I trust you followed instruction and the TV STILL shuts off.

Lets be clear, when u say TV OFF, u mean like you manually off it and it goes back to a standby mode, and LED indicator says so.

Last thing to try is, use an extension cord, plug the TV into another outlet, ideally one on a separate breaker.

If all fails, follow manual to reset TV to factory.

After this, I throw my hands up.

Solution
Jan 1, 2019

I turned off the TV manually and unplugged the HDMI cable. But there's not picture when I turn on the TV. The HDMI CEC was turned off long ago so I'm strictly working with HDMI. FYI: Yesterday I talked with a Denon rep who suggested that I realign the HDMI wires (from the Dish box to the ARC outlet, then from the CBL/Sat out to the TV. It worked...until I turned off both. Later I turned on the television and then the receiver, but the TV shut down (I still got sound from the receiver). I tried reversing the order but to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.