Tv sound distorted

Marc_38

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
I had a toshiba 40" hd tv in my living room and the sound started to what seemed like vibrate the speakers and distort the sound now and then so I went out and purchased another hd tv (different make) and it's doing exactly the same thing. The old tv is now in the bedroom and working fine. It never happened before and there is nothing new there that could interfere with the sound. The tv is in the corner covering a bit of the radiator and the only thing I can think of is maybe the heat could be doing this? Now it's winter we put them on and now only just noticed it. Apart from that I'm stumped! Any ideas?
Thanks.

Hello.

How exactly are you connected? What are you connecting for sound, the antenna signal? Cable TV?

If you have cable tv and are using a decoder, it's most probably your issue rather than the TV. This is also an issue that the customer service can't detect at a distance.

Marc_38

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Hi,
I have a nowtv box and and sky he box both connected with hdmi cables and it happens on both decvices. I've got the tv on now with th nowtv box and it's fine. The heating isn't on so that's what leads me to think it could maybe be the rad. Is it possible it could be the heat?
Thanks.

Hmm, strange issue really. If all is fine right now, I guess try not using the rad too much when you use the TV? Or as americanaaudiophile said, use a small fan that take the air from the radiator sideways, away from the electronics.

Any heat source under a TV or close to a cable/antenna box is a big no. It will make the TV or sky/nowtv box overheat and possibly create all sort of troubles.