TV sound receivers

tnevel

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
I have a 75" Samsung TV, and Bose sound bar and sub woofer. We bought a new house which has built in passive surround sound speakers in the walls. What kind of a receiver should I buy to support both systems? Can I also listen to internet radios using the same receiver?

Solution
You won't be able to properly use the Bose Soundbar and Sub with a receiver. They are meant to be used by themselves and don't have the correct inputs to connect to a receiver.
It might be possible to get sound out the them and the rears together but it would be awkward to use and would not really give you a good result. If you have to try then you will need a receiver with multi-channel line level outputs.
When you want to upgrade the sound do a real surround sound system and put the Bose in another room.
Most AV receivers have internet radio but usually through a gateway site so the choice of channels is limited to the ones that site supports. Sonos does a better job with distributed audio and streaming than any receiver and can be...
You won't be able to properly use the Bose Soundbar and Sub with a receiver. They are meant to be used by themselves and don't have the correct inputs to connect to a receiver.
It might be possible to get sound out the them and the rears together but it would be awkward to use and would not really give you a good result. If you have to try then you will need a receiver with multi-channel line level outputs.
When you want to upgrade the sound do a real surround sound system and put the Bose in another room.
Most AV receivers have internet radio but usually through a gateway site so the choice of channels is limited to the ones that site supports. Sonos does a better job with distributed audio and streaming than any receiver and can be added to any receiver with a Sonos Connect.

Solution