Tv to Blu ray No sound?

Hannah5998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
I have a Vizio Tv hooked up to my Sony Blu ray straight No cable. HDMI2 is set on TV and plugged into HDMI2 on back of TV. What's strange is it worked the night before and when I went to put in a movie for my daughter the next night it didn't work......she's away at school so I wondered could someone have tried to turn it off in the middle of the night and screwed up Her settings? Idk I'm not tech savy please help......

To clarify you have the BD player HDMI out connect to the HDMI 2 input on the TV?
Turn on the TV and BD player and select HDMI 2. If you aren't sure how check the manual.
I would suggest going into the TV menu and turning off CEC. This supposed to make thing easier to use. For example when you turn on the BD player it should turn on the TV and select HDMI2 for you. Problem is there is no firm standard from brand to brand so it screws up more than it works.

Hannah5998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
My question was about the sound. As I've stated everything is on HDMI2 and plugged in correctly. I even changed the HDMI cable with a brand new one.
I asked why I have no sound not how to set up HDMI2.
Also, what is a CEC?

Hannah5998

Commendable
Sep 26, 2016
My question was about the sound. As I've stated everything is on HDMI2 and plugged in correctly. I even changed the HDMI cable with a brand new one.
I asked why I have no sound not how to set up HDMI2.
Also, what is a CEC?

TRENDING THREADS