Question TV to soundbar, instead of through subwoofer

kah5683

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2012
I have a Sony soundbar with subwoofer model SS-CT150.

I have my cable box going to subwoofer by hdmi, and then to TV. The last few months, my settings on the subwoofer go from sat/catv to tv, which screws up the volume, where I have to go back and forth adjusting my soundbar volume, and when that turns off with the switch, to the TV volume. Not sure what is doing this. Don't know if the soundbar subwoofer is going bad, or the hdmi cables are going bad.

If someone has a fix for this, that would be great.

If not, I'm thinking of getting rid of the subwoofer. Is there any way I can connect the soundbar itself directly to the tv? Right now, there are three wires going from the soundbar to the subwoofer: green, red and white.

What you can connect from the TV to the soundbar to where depends on the input ports on the soundbar. Where are those ports located? If they are on the sub portion, that is where they will go.

Not sure what you are talking about the settings and volume, are you talking about the source selection switches? Maybe the remote is messing up or you have multiple remotes that are programmed for the devices that are interfering with operation.