Twitter CEO: Stop All That Twittering

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
Neither i use Twitter nor Facebook but still manage to keep my contacts. I don't need them, in most cases (7/10) i don't need a Mobile Phone too. Social Networking could be fun but getting addicted/slave makes no sense and defeats the very purpose of the technology!

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
Agreed with most comments above. I find these sites useless, I started a facebook account 2 years back and stopped using it shortly afterwards. I realized I already keep in touch with the family and friends I care about. All facebook has turned into is who has the most friends they don't even know, asides from that it's just good for gossip :S

Don't tell me that it isn't retarded to post your pregnancy for example of facebook instead of bothering to actually talk in real life to your friends about it, then be to their friends like, you didn't know?? I posted it on facebook!! *facepalm*

vcbb10

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Someone is drinking too much Evan Williams, getting emotional and getting his panties in a bunch about nothing.

Isn't twitter's purpose just letting people put crap out there?

G

Can she play with my Twitter?
Oh, Facebook is nice to post new tech info to and keep up with friends at school and plan out future events. Therefore it does have some value. Twitter on the other hand doesn't have any real value the world.

chrisgela

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2010
twitter is good...
I use it as an enhanced RSS feed.
For example I follow Tom, JayMarsden (ATI), my local news site ... to get updates on news, patches, movies etc.
I also use it passively. I.e. I don't really twit. If I do it's if I want to send out a funny link or interesting article. (instead of creating an email and sending to my distribution list)
I have to agree, it's pretty lame as a social tool. Not really interested that someone is going to gym at 4am.

marsax73

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]I hate twitter. Die already.[/citation]

Amen! Twitter, Facebook, MySpace...all useless pieces of garbage! They do nothing but display everyone's useless thoughts. My wife is on it every freakin day. Waste of time. How about meeting people in real life and actually hanging out with them??? Nope, let's all stay in our little cocoons and just text.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
How can you be so uninformed as to buy the hype? McDonald's sells whatever cheap crap people will buy. Fatty burgers replaced by fatty salads or fatty McChickens is the same old unhealthy result.

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]I would make twitter for that girl![/citation]
Yeah, that girl can twitter me anytime! :)

tinmann

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I made a Facebook account because someone told me it would be a good way to possibly find my old squad mates from my Marine Corps days. No such luck so far. Headquarters 9th Marines Okinawa, Japan...Holla! Crash Crew Where Are YOU?
Never ever bother with My Space or Twitter. I guess I'm anti-social like that.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
After seeing that picture (of the Twitter girl), I am honestly now a fan of Twitter. However, I don't plan on actually USING Twitter, so you don't have to worry about me wasting my life making useless tweets. I'm the same way about IE.

Status
Not open for further replies.