Two More Crysis 2 Screenshots - The 'Halo Killer'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Not to shabby looking there, but letting us know you're going to run it into the ground down the line isn't too promising...

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Crysis is not going to Kill Halo, have they seen or played "Reach," i bet they haven't and there just playing themselves for fools. In matter of fact even if the game looks that good. Why bother spending money on an upgrade when the console counterpart does the job 100% better with no problems or worries. Yearly franchise, sounds like something thats bound to die after the 2nd release just like MW2. Good Luck EA and Crytek. Sequels are a dime a dozen in this market, and if your looking at a year to year release you can go shove the next year installment in your anus and forget about it. From the looks of it, most console gamers i talk to don't even know a game named crysis 2 is coming out for consoles. Once they knew, they asked me why it was coming to consoles, i told them it was because corporations like you EA and developers like crytek just can't live with making a few million dollars out of a game, they want grab stupid gamers in the console market and take hundreds of millions running to the bank and then bringing out shit sequels year by year.

scott_madison1

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]Not to shabby looking there, but letting us know you're going to run it into the ground down the line isn't too promising...[/citation]

So your saying that the Halo franchise was done after the first one by your way of thinking? IMHO Halo 2 was better than the first, and The beta for Reach has been AWESOME!

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I Cant wait, Crysis 2 should be a game to remember not only for the graphics which it so rightfully deserves, but also a story to go along, 3 years is a lot of development time so i hope it went not only into the scenery, but into a very long story kept interesting with special twists that come together just right.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]excalibur1814[/nom]I hope, I really do, that people actually buy this game on the pc but I have little faith."Why should I buy it when my computer can't run it properly"Umm, then why pirate/download the damn game then.I've already pre-ordered it and have my i7 rig ready to go[/citation]

I think a lot more people are going to buy it now, said game is said to have been optimized to run and look better than the original (if all is true of course)

Don't need a i7 980 for 1 grand when you can have a Phenom 1095T for 300 at a loss of roughly 2-3FPS per game.

banthracis

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I think a lot more people are going to buy it now, said game is said to have been optimized to run and look better than the original (if all is true of course)Don't need a i7 980 for 1 grand when you can have a Phenom 1095T for 300 at a loss of roughly 2-3FPS per game.[/citation]

Err the original Crysis was heavily GPU limited, not CPU. Doubt Crysis 2 will be much different considering Cryengine 3 and 2 are actually very similar.

You could run original crysis with as much FPS on a Phenom II as an i7, even with a 5970.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
People that complained about not being able to run the original are retards. It ran decent on my 8800 GTS system with nearly all extra high visuals. I could've gotten it to run even better if I lowered the visuals. And that's pretty much the issue. The game had a scalable graphics engine, but EVERYONE wanted to play the game with the highest graphic settings and bitched when their computer couldn't handle it, and they refused to lower their settings. If they didn't have an Extra High setting and the game just shipped with High as the maximum, people wouldn't have bitched.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I never played the first Crysis. Never had any desire to really. All I ever heard about was how good it looked, never heard if anyone said it was fun. Graphics can only take you just so far and somewhere there has to be good gameplay.

As far as it killing Halo, god I hope so. The guys at Bungie are using Halo like Bernie (Weekend at Bernie's). They are just dragging this lifeless rehashed game around and getting everything they can out of it. Very similar to what the Call of Duty franchise is doing. I am so tired of multiple sequels (1 sequel is okay) that are the same game with no inovation. Please come up with some New IPs.

LATTEH

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2008
i wonder how many console gamers look at those screenshots and think it will look that good on there 360 (obivously not)

andman22

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
All I ever heard about was how good it looked, never heard if anyone said it was fun. Graphics can only take you just so far and somewhere there has to be good gameplay.

That is exactly what Halo is. How many games by todays standards have terrible graphics, but are still a blast to play? I agree visuals get you in the door, but gameplay is what makes a great franchise. Crytek should work on making great gameplay, not making a benchmarking utility...

Djhg2000

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
So it's not going to max out monster rigs at medium this time?

I always thought that was the real reason to Crysis being alive and still pushing development of GPUs...

To be honest, I really liked that part of Crysis; it brought a new era of graphics using technology that required way more that the current maximum performance.

To sum it up, please make Crysis 3 a sluggish beast with mind-blowing graphics.

pambaboy

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
"I never played the first Crysis. Never had any desire to really. All I ever heard about was how good it looked, never heard if anyone said it was fun"

Gamespot gave it a score of 9.5 same score as Halo 3, while Halo 2 was given 9.4. So I'm sure it was fun, and it was more than just a "benchmarking utility"

bstm300

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
[citation][nom]excalibur1814[/nom]I hope, I really do, that people actually buy this game on the pc but I have little faith."Why should I buy it when my computer can't run it properly"Umm, then why pirate/download the damn game then.I've already pre-ordered it and have my i7 rig ready to go[/citation]

I completely agree with your statement. Crysis was so boring that I almost fell asleep towards the end. It's one of the reasons why the game mount and blade: war band was more replay value than say crysis: multiplayer or singeplayer. The multiplayer action is simple yet fun, doesn't require immense graphics capabilities, and each server can hold about 50 people.

I think I'm coming to dislike graphics showcases that are supposed to be nothing more than graphics showcases. Unless the action is more engaging and the storyline improves, Crysis might as well be unreal tournament 4 or shatter horizons, before the last update.

Status
Not open for further replies.