U.S. Cellular Getting Samsung Galaxy Tab Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I hope this means that Samsung/US Cellular will eventually offer updates to Froyo for their current line up of phones. I was informed by a rep a few weeks ago that they have "no plans to update unless other products start shipping with 2.2". US Cellular has only started offering Android phones in July or something...

G

I wished companies would get off the standard 7" devices.
Get a 9 or 10" tablet.
In fact, I find a netbook can be 9", while a tablet should be larger (preferably 13").

I wonder why manufacturers always create things that are just not what people want or need.
If you want to read a newspaper page on a 7" tablet, you'd always have to compensate for the small screen area.

Tomtompiper

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
7" is perfect to put in your inside pocket, for the train, bus or airline journey. It is big enough to watch a movie at arms length or in your lap, and ultra portable. Keep your 13" for the house, but it is not as portable or as usable as the 7", if you must stretch the screen width ways to get an 8" or 9" and keep it poketable but 10" or 13" 4/3 aspect ratio no thanks.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Finally an upgrade from the outdated iPad. Why buy a tablet or phone with legacy software when you can have Android? The Samsung Tab is the most advanced consumer tablet computer ever created.

Status
Not open for further replies.