U.S. Government is Building Cyber Offensive Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
"Cyber effects are growing. We’ve seen attacks on Wall Street -- 140 over the last six months

Glad to see my tax dollars will go to protecting Wall Street. I sure wouldn't want that bailout money I and every other American gave them go to waste. Thanks DoD and Wall Street, if it wasn't for you taking our money we would have wasted it on things like improving our educational system, and not having to worry about social security. You know petty programs that actually help and make a respectable society.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
"Today, seeing that attack is almost impossible for the Defense Department," he said. "We would probably not see an attack on Wall Street -- it’s going to be seen by the private sector first, and that [highlights] a key need for information sharing."

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/03/ff_nsadatacenter/all/

fear fear fear to get people to accept anything it seems

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Glad to see my tax dollars will go to protecting Wall Street. I sure wouldn't want that bailout money I and every other American gave them go to waste. Thanks DoD and Wall Street, if it wasn't for you taking our money we would have wasted it on things like improving our educational system, and not having to worry about social security. You know petty programs that actually help and make a respectable society.[/citation]
but how will those programs help out the private corporations sell more weapons to the govt? they need the govt handouts too

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Glad to see my tax dollars will go to protecting Wall Street. I sure wouldn't want that bailout money I and every other American gave them go to waste. Thanks DoD and Wall Street, if it wasn't for you taking our money we would have wasted it on things like improving our educational system, and not having to worry about social security. You know petty programs that actually help and make a respectable society.[/citation]
In all fairness, if Wall Street was to shut down or hit a roadblock, we wouldn't even be thinking about the problems in our educational system or social security. Just look at history. Great depression, the 1997 Asian financial crisis, etc. When a country has to file for bankruptcy, it effects everyone living in there. But, if the USA was to file for bankruptcy, the entire world's economy will take a huge hit and every sector around the globe will come screeching to a halt. We should be protecting Wall Street as much if not more since it's the brain and heart of our entire country's economic system.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
What a joke...
You know what, I wonder who is determining/deciding this crap, and is saying that we are even being attacked in the first place?
What is the point of this? It's all over seas anyways, if there is war on in the internets then it could turn into war here in the real world.
The reason why I say that is because there is zero evidence that this crap is going on. Yea sure, there are tons of driveby port scanners out there looking for open ports but they usually find honeypots anyways..... Targeted websites are targeted because, well, they are there, and big, and known, duh...

jnkweaver

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
I loved how they announced this right before they started axing contractors and cutting back Government workers workweek (and pay) by 20% to save money. Who exactly do you think will be manning this?

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
the point as someone had asked if we get attacked while where moving our files we can launch a counter attack to distract them long enough to unplug or erase stuff

kewlmunky

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
"These defend-the-nation teams are not defensive teams, these are offensive teams that the Defense Department would use to defend the nation if it were attacked in cyberspace"

All I could think about was the episode of south park where they tried to nuke imagination land.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
If you are unaware of all the attacks recently you've been living under a rock. Lockheed Martin, Mcdonnell Douglas (nearly every defense contractor has been attacked - and info taken), many banks etc etc have all been attacked (google too, everyone). Our IP is being stolen right and left. I'd rather spend money on defense every day as opposed to dumb EV/GREEN crap that is a total loss of money. Same for education. Nobody gets a good education these days in PUBLIC schools. All the brains come from private schools where teachers have to actually DO their job or get fired as parents leave with their kids and money (when you suck) and students REALLY do get kicked out for not doing the work. Kids flunking private schools happens rarely because mommy/daddy are VERY pissed when their cash goes down the drain on a kid like that. 50% of kids in Chicago drop out. Public schools suck and the teachers are overpaid on top of it for that failure ($80K for that drop out rate avg?). They don't even work year around like the rest of us and get EVERY day imaginable off. Wasting more of my money on PUBLIC schools is pointless and I shouldn't have to pay for it anyway (I have no kids). Stop wasting my money.

-Jackson

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
[citation][nom]somebodyspecial[/nom]If you are unaware of all the attacks recently you've been living under a rock. Lockheed Martin, Mcdonnell Douglas (nearly every defense contractor has been attacked - and info taken), many banks etc etc have all been attacked (google too, everyone). Our IP is being stolen right and left. I'd rather spend money on defense every day as opposed to dumb EV/GREEN crap that is a total loss of money. Same for education. Nobody gets a good education these days in PUBLIC schools. All the brains come from private schools where teachers have to actually DO their job or get fired as parents leave with their kids and money (when you suck) and students REALLY do get kicked out for not doing the work. Kids flunking private schools happens rarely because mommy/daddy are VERY pissed when their cash goes down the drain on a kid like that. 50% of kids in Chicago drop out. Public schools suck and the teachers are overpaid on top of it for that failure ($80K for that drop out rate avg?). They don't even work year around like the rest of us and get EVERY day imaginable off. Wasting more of my money on PUBLIC schools is pointless and I shouldn't have to pay for it anyway (I have no kids). Stop wasting my money.[/citation]
I'm rarely a man of few words, but damn are you narrow-minded and ignorant.

timw03878

Honorable
Jul 23, 2012

How is garnishing my wages and indoctrinating my kids make for a respectable society?

Status
Not open for further replies.