U.S. Military Working on Flesh Eating Robot

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
[citation][nom]Ciuy[/nom]Any military project taht gets to Fox News will never happen. its just for show .[/citation]

I dont think you completely understand what DARPA is.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
[citation][nom]Darkk[/nom]I actually looked at the PDF file and there is no mention of eating any dead bodies so somebody made that up. Even if it were to be true I would find it horrible as it may mistake a coma person over a dead one. So ya not such a great idea.The company is on the right track of self-sustaining machine that can stay out in the battlefield for months or years.[/citation]
I don't like the idea of war robots refueling themselves, especially when a glitch or extremist programmer could cause it to start eating humans.

LordConrad

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2007
[citation][nom]FUtomNOreg[/nom]You don't need a robot. Just strap some lasers on the head of a goat.[/citation]
Or some ill-tempered sea bass. :D

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]LordConrad[/nom]I don't like the idea of war robots refueling themselves, especially when a glitch or extremist programmer could cause it to start eating humans.[/citation]

OMG, hackers could take over the world with these things...

thundercleese

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
So it's kinda like "Mr. Fusion" on the back of the time-traveling DeLorean? Good, now they just need to invent a Flux Capacitor. Seriously though, this is exciting news. Once the technology trickles down to consumer level (in what, 100 years???) we'll be able to power our homes with our trash. No more coal-burning powerplants, no more annoying, ugly, polluting trash trucks... Then Again... I'm still waiting on my flying car since Back to the Future..

rambo117

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2008
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]I knew, movies are just a view of the actual future. These robots will get a taste for human flesh and we will be doomed, DOOMED I SAY!!![/citation]
Tell them, I'll be back

Status
Not open for further replies.