U.S. Presents Cyber Defense Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
create partnerships with other U.S. government organizations and the private industry

It just gets better, doesn't it folks..what next: A President who's birth certificate has yet to turn up? A war being fought most of the American people never even wanted? A border system that is a joke? But still, we should know better than to think for ourselves eh..these guys know best. They know who the enemy is; it's almost like they can see them coming. I wonder if they offer them tea or coffee.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]If America was friendlier to everyone, they wouldn't have to worry[/citation]
right, because we don't already hand out our non-existent money to every country in the world. Yupp, we're such assholes.

Thilindi

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]It just gets better, doesn't it folks..what next: A President who's birth certificate has yet to turn up? A war being fought most of the American people never even wanted? A border system that is a joke? But still, we should know better than to think for ourselves eh..these guys know best. They know who the enemy is; it's almost like they can see them coming. I wonder if they offer them tea or coffee.[/citation]

Hey, Wild9... Whoa there partner...

First, every nation has to have a cyberdefense of some sort. It is only common sense. It doesn't matter if you like our current leaders or not, we have to have this. Hopefully, you have an anti-virus and a firewall on your home network, right? Think about it. They need more than AVG and Ad-Aware.

Second, please stop with the insane notions about the birth certificate nonsense. They actually DID produce it, over-writing Hawaii's laws about birth registrations just to finally lay this to rest. Seriously, Obama and the current regime has plenty to answer for without resorting to nonsense.

G

Come on Tomshardware!! Wtf is up with all of this spam?!? I'm considering moving to engadget permanently.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
great that there finally taking it seriously.

Ironic that tpho2500 complained about span, but the next two comments after where spam : ))

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
[citation][nom]tpho2500[/nom]Come on Tomshardware!! Wtf is up with all of this spam?!? I'm considering moving to engadget permanently.[/citation]
You do know there is a button in the shape of a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark you can click on to report spam, right?[citation]
[nom]wild9[/nom]It just gets better, doesn't it folks..what next: A President who's birth certificate has yet to turn up? A war being fought most of the American people never even wanted? A border system that is a joke? But still, we should know better than to think for ourselves eh..these guys know best. They know who the enemy is; it's almost like they can see them coming. I wonder if they offer them tea or coffee.[/citation]
Don't forget the president is a secret Muslim terrorist, the moon landing was faked, and there is a sculpture of a face on Mars created by an ancient alien civilization.

Might as go all out crazy instead of just half-assing it there....

G

Now terrorists really gonna have a field day, just pretend the cyber attacks are launched from a country and the whole world become paranoid that all countries turn against each other. Share market crashes, and terrorists making money by the truckload to buy out governments.

How are they going to PROVE the cyber attacks are actually the act of a specific nation anyway?????? This whole idea is ridiculous.

doorspawn

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Spam: Yea, toms needs another button other than thumbs-down. In fact, a site to prevent this that costs $1 to register with and can be tied to multiple forum-sites and invalidated by a single verified complaint about spam would be profitable, would fix this, and would cost non-spammers only $1.

As for fixing the leaks, start building new secure APIs from scratch instead of kludging up old kludges such as HTTP, SQL etc.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]right, because we don't already hand out our non-existent money to every country in the world. Yupp, we're such assholes.[/citation]

That's because a failed state will get taken over by terrorists and their first target will be america.

And this loops back to what this comment was in reply to originally.

coolestcarl

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
[citation][nom]greghome[/nom]If America was friendlier to everyone, they wouldn't have to worry[/citation]

The amount of ignorance and just blind hate is incredible. "If America was more friendlier" has got to be the most ignorant statement I have ever come across, and I am not even American (or white). I think that statement should be changed to "if human beings loved thy neighbour as they love themselves" then there would not be all the evil that goes on in the world. Every race, religion, ethnicity, class are equally to blame for all the problems we have. It IS a human problem NOT an American or Arab or Chinese or African or Latino or European or Asian problem (sorry if i missed out any of you haters out there). People kill people. Hate starts in the mind of an individual man (or woman - dont want to be gender biased here).

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]right, because we don't already hand out our non-existent money to every country in the world. Yupp, we're such assholes.[/citation]

First off, US Aid isn't about being nice, or humanitarian or anything like that. If ever you thought it was I suggest you go read some history books. US Aid money has always been about protecting the US Sphere of Influence. Lets not forget that a good proportion of this money goes towards propping up corrupt regimes, or in some cases regimes with their priorities all wrong. I'm thinking about Libya, Egypt , Syria here, and of course, India, where up to 500 Indians are forced to share something as basic as a Toilet, with an open sewer, but the state can afford Nuclear and Space programs.

This isn't even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to why people around the world don't like the United States. Think for a second about the US' foreign policy, diplomatic policy and how it annoys the rest of the world today, and remember that the US was far more aggressive in these respects in the past.

The United States has a history of aggressiveness in all aspects of its dealings with other nations, waging unnecessary wars, colonialism, slavery, rigging elections, assassinations..

Think about it.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
It's nice that the US is finally (planning to) act against this threat. Being caught up in two real wars probably took all the attention away.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
In terms of infomation, is just a relevent as why it would be taken. So to say that their is probably huge arguements of issues, is probably as placed as what the arugement is of. But on ideas of to say like, the thoughts of issues like the birth certificate, is common knowledge for the issue, isn't it? So of an issue probably a lack of one more then none at times.

So to say any other information, which is probably even in a more controlled state that is within a none common knowledge is anyones guess for any points of interest for relevence, right? Otherwise the acquiring of the information itself is its own relevence, right? Cause basically no one would probably be interested in it. Given though not all information has such "luxuries" to say.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Vampyrbyte[/nom]First off, US Aid isn't about being nice, or humanitarian or anything like that. If ever you thought it was I suggest you go read some history books. US Aid money has always been about protecting the US Sphere of Influence. Lets not forget that a good proportion of this money goes towards propping up corrupt regimes, or in some cases regimes with their priorities all wrong. I'm thinking about Libya, Egypt , Syria here, and of course, India, where up to 500 Indians are forced to share something as basic as a Toilet, with an open sewer, but the state can afford Nuclear and Space programs. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg when it comes to why people around the world don't like the United States. Think for a second about the US' foreign policy, diplomatic policy and how it annoys the rest of the world today, and remember that the US was far more aggressive in these respects in the past. The United States has a history of aggressiveness in all aspects of its dealings with other nations, waging unnecessary wars, colonialism, slavery, rigging elections, assassinations..Think about it.[/citation]
good point, but I never said the US was smart. We're simply idiots in the fact that we hand out money we don't even have. and I have looked in my history books: what time frame are you comparing our policies to? for a long time we agreed to never intervene with any foreign affairs. and ever since WWI, its been our job to intervene. You have to understand that the US is simply acting as a big brother to the rest of the world. Only problem is, we are in an unbelievable amount of debt to other countries. Most countries hate us because of our freedom and look for our own personal affairs we have to point the finger. In reality though, they have enough problems to completely ruin their life and civilization. The final laugh and "I told you so" comes when we are still alive, and they are all dieing from violent national affairs.

Yeah, the day may come the US runs into that same problem..When our government implodes due to national debt, and civilians can no longer live normal lives and other countries that want to take over, do so. Call me an idiot, but thats why I'm joining the military myself. Thats where the money is in this country, so thats where I'm headed. and when the shit goes down, I'm not going to be the pussy sitting on my couch saying "I hate this pathetic government and country." Instead, I'll be out doing something about it for the rest of the losers who couldn't ever do anything about it.

applegetsmelaid

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Translation:

(1) training staff and providing resources = Make sure you know what you are doing.

(2) develop new defense operating concepts = Keep learning.

(3) create partnerships with other U.S. government organizations and the private industry = make friends with those already close by.

(4) build relationships with other nations and allies = be respectful to those different than yourself.

as well as (5) attracting human talent and the promoting of innovation = make yourself look good so the next generation will continue to promote your cause.

Good general advice for life, huh?

G

[citation][nom]jrharbort[/nom]I swear, WWIII will end up being a virtual battle between nations.[/citation]
Well that would be one short ass war then - a war with a power switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.