U.S. Will Issue Terrorism Alerts via Twitter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Maybe now the airport intercoms will finally shut the fuck up about the orange threat level.

G

Ok, I dont want a terrorism alert sytem in any social feed. I really dont care about what the government feels is terrorism. Its most likely just a lie or cover for something else anyway. Anything to divert your attention from the real issues going on in the world.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
tweet, tweet, we're gonna get bomb whatever
facebook: us homeland security requests confirm friend.
i just hate it when hackers, spammers and a whole bunch of low lifers start posing as the US HS.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]boogien8[/nom]Don't be stupid! oops! too late. We still have radios and television don't we? I dont remember of any warning on TV or Radio prior to the attacks do you? Anyway, like "real" terrorists would give warning before they attacked lol. Like any real entity that threatened America would warn us before launching an attack. Remember Pearl Harbor? There is no credible way to know of an impending attack unless they are tracking incoming missiles and trust me, you would do yourself a favor and bed over and kiss your @$$ good-bye hehe.[/citation]
Okay boogie, there is no anti-prevention/preparation warning system in the world that can work flawlessly. How in thee HELL are we supposed to get a warning about an incoming hi-jacked airplane, when nobody can possibly foresee it? Its just like a meteorologist - They might not always be able to predict the weather just right, but they do their best to inform us with the tools they currently have. I mean hey, if you wanna complain more I'm sure the government would be happy to take more of your money to put into researching a better system. So unless you want that, I suggest you appreciate what you have now, and maybe use a little common sense to know when its time to prepare yourself for terrorism. I for one am not worried at all. I look death in the eye with no fear and always remember that no matter when my life ends, at least it was good while it lasted.

other than that, I think implementing the warning system into Twitter and Facebook is a great idea..Although I think they should've kept the color coding system.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
My question is whether twitter would make the government stay with a 160 character limit in the event of actually having to issue a warning about something important.

G

now they are spreading fear and paranoia over the internet. Fear to control people. I would completely scrap this terror warning system wich is only useful to scare the people, it doesnt protect anyone.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]KrokBandit[/nom]now they are spreading fear and paranoia over the internet. Fear to control people. I would completely scrap this terror warning system wich is only useful to scare the people, it doesnt protect anyone.[/citation]
so what you're saying is, you'd prefer to have no recollection of terrorists coming to kill you, rather than being warned beforehand just for the sake that our government isn't "spreading" fear? I think you have your ideas of "how the government sucks" mixed up. Do you really think they would issue terrorist warnings over the internet just for the fun of seeing us scared? I know the government isn't what we the people want it to be for the most part, but we aren't living in your world of paranoia either.

55Range

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
[citation][nom]jednx01[/nom]My question is whether twitter would make the government stay with a 160 character limit in the event of actually having to issue a warning about something important.[/citation]
Exceptions do apply ..

moqamar

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2010
Useless crap in the deepest, thoroughest sense of the word.

They designate some ppl they dont like terrorists, then use that excuse to bomb a country they dont like, and bring down a skyscraper and blame it on those people they didnt like. They invade a country for the oil and strategic importance yelling"WMD! WMD!!" which even they cannot manage to conjure up there after they have ravaged the country!

All misinformation, all disinformation, all bull5hit. KrokBandit is right. Who the f&*!@ appointed the US of A the police dog of the world? theyve got heavy sanctions on Iran and North Korea for maybe attempting to build nukes. So what if they are trying? americaa! And its iran thats the terrorist. Its funny in a obscenely sick way.

Who has the biggest nuke arsenal in the world?
Who has ever committed the outrage of using them against fellow humans wiping out two CITIES in the blink of an eye and called it collateral damage?
Who in the past 10, heck 25 years been involved in the most wars? Fidel Castro? Saddam? No

Its us of a folks. See the truth thats staring you in the face.
"Terrorism alerts"? What a farce

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
What the color code was just too hard to figure out? Granted they never really said what the real difference was between the colors, but did not take a college degree to figure out that the closer to red it gets the worse it could be. I can see some fake twitter alerts happening here.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Don't need a Twitter alert to inform us about terrorizing people - just take a look at the U.S. border with Mexico. Instead of apparently inventing enemies and paving the way for more propaganda, bloody well fix the problems right under your own damn nose. Oops we discussed the Mexican border situation; I guess we better not go there now in case we are deemed a threat to national/corporate interests (lol).

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
U.S. economy is virtually bankrupt and still, these people are telling us about potential threats.

Millions upon millions of illegal aliens can and do, cross the border from Mexico, many of them committing atrocities that exceed the number committed in the Iraq war..not to mention the impact on our last remaining areas of natural wilderness to feed a population that is exploding..and still, these people tell us about potential threats.

But who gives a crap, right? Switch on the TV, tune in and drop out. Buy an iPod because Justin Blabber has a new single out. Catch up on all the latest news that's been scripted just for you, including all the goody goody stories in the run-up to Obama's re-election campaign. Just vote for him on account of his skin colour like your did the last time. All is well. You don't need to think just go back to sleep and know your place. We decide what is a threat and what is not, because we told you so.

"Goodnight, America..whever you are."

- Jack Killian

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]F*ckface-CIA ties, Homeland Paranoia sees the opportunity, or was it already planned? Oh, sorry if I offended you, bunch of sheeps.[/citation]

Feeling butthurt much? You can remove the thin foil hat already!

Status
Not open for further replies.