Jun 5, 2020
Im having a Hp pavillion dv6 laptop and it was heating up because of the dust inside the fan..so today i disassembled the whole laptop cleaned all the dust, also i removed the heatsink and applied a little bit of thermal paste after removing the dried one..after that i reassembled the laptop and turned the power on but the screen is black (no backlight) and the HDD indicator light isnt on...i think its not booting up as the CAPSLOCK light is not off too...the Hp logo behind the display is also working fine and the fan is working fine too...please help me to get thing work 😥🙏

Jun 5, 2020
Im having a Hp pavillion dv6 laptop and it was heating up because of the dust inside the fan..so today i disassembled the whole laptop cleaned all the dust, also i removed the heatsink and applied a little bit of thermal paste after removing the dried one..after that i reassembled the laptop and turned the power on but the screen is black (no backlight) and the HDD indicator light isnt on...i think its not booting up as the CAPSLOCK light is not off too...the Hp logo behind the display is also working fine and the fan is working fine too...please help me to get thing work 😥🙏

*UPDATE*
I JUST STRATED TO TEST THE HDD RAM AND THE CMOS

so first i removed the 2 ram cards from the slots and plugged only one ram at time to each slot , the 1st card didnt work for any of the 2slots, then I plugged in the 2nd ram card to the 1st slot and it didnt work yet
yet
but when i pluggen in the 2nd ram card to the 2nd slot the laptop booted up and displayed a message saying something like "cmos checksum error, settings should be restored to default...to restore press enter" and after hitting enter it worked fine
fine

BUT NOW MY QUESTION IS where the error is ( the 1st ram card or the slot)

Summary of Ram test
1st ram card + 1st ram slot = fail
1st ram card + 2nd ram slot = fail
2nd ram card + 1st ram slot = fail
2nd ram card + 2nd ram slot = success

Please help me out 🙏😞