Ubisoft May Bid to Purchase Staggering THQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

not a big fan of ubisoft as theyve started going the same way as EA and have started using their own service for PCs, but I love a lot of THQs games and would like to see them being released in the future

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Would be a good deal for both. I really like a lot of UBI games and if they could keep some of THQ's IP alive that would be great for both.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]wozza365[/nom]not a big fan of ubisoft as theyve started going the same way as EA and have started using their own service for PCs, but I love a lot of THQs games and would like to see them being released in the future[/citation]
THQ games will become "Ubisofted" just as good gaming franchises have been destroyed by EA... same goes for great Blizz franchises being destroyed by the influence of Activision.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]spasmolytic46[/nom]I really hope this doesn't happen. Ubisoft is on my no buy list.[/citation]

Ditto. Stopped buying their games years ago. Worse DRM than EA.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Please no. Neither Activision, nor Ubisoft. EA is bad, but not as worse as those.

With any luck, Valve or Bethesda will pick them up.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
[citation][nom]MarioJP[/nom]Yea that would suck. I don't think Valve has the resources to buy THQ me thinks.[/citation]

...Or desire, probably.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]MarioJP[/nom]Yea that would suck. I don't think Valve has the resources to buy THQ me thinks.[/citation]
they definetely do. interest? probably not. the only ips thq really has that are decent are saints row and darksiders... nothing else really appeals to me.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]rahulkadukar[/nom]These games will become UPlay which is even worse than Origin[/citation]Ubisoft makes better games than EA crap.... So I am actually fine t[citation][nom]MarioJP[/nom]Yea that would suck. I don't think Valve has the resources to buy THQ me thinks.[/citation][citation][nom]Vorador2[/nom]Please no. Neither Activision, nor Ubisoft. EA is bad, but not as worse as those.With any luck, Valve or Bethesda will pick them up.[/citation]valve? NO!

u will not see Darksider 3, 3rd Metro, company of heroes 3, dawn of war 3. Homefront 3(homefront sequel is make by crytek).

Bethesda, 2K games > valve imo :D

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

gabe is a billionaire, how many extremely wealthy people had more money than the company they run?

from my understanding thq is 50 million in the red with at least 3 blockbuster games soon to be released, metro last light, company of heros 2, and stick of truth, and they were developing saints row the third.

i have a great question... why did thq go in the red in the first place, they seam to have so many AAA games that the only way they would hit the red would be gorss miss management.

Status
Not open for further replies.