Ubisoft Responds to PETA Backlash Over Assassin's Creed 4

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Seems a lot of people like to use hyperbole or just like to exaggerate. I don't know much about PETA except they have a cause, should they worry about what a game depicts? No, I'd think they should concentrate on the real world as there are more issues in the real world than to take on what happens in the imaginary world.

Now, as to the people responding against PETA, let's see about some of the so-called facts brandied about, humans have only existed on this world for an estimated 200,000 years. The humane society and shelters like it takes in an estimated 5-7 million cats and dogs per year, they euthanize an estimated 3-4 million per year, nationwide. The cost to feed, shelter and medical issues for a cat/dog costs about $600 - $800 per year per animal.

As any animal shelter cares about an animal, they can't afford to feed and shelter every single animal that is poorly treated or let loose, that is why euthanizing unwanted animals is considered humane. I've spent time at animal shelters and even adopted rescued animals.

MaXimus421

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I wasn't even thinking of whales until they mentioned it. Now I want some whale meat.

On my way to the deli right now. Nice one PETA!

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
So what's your point ven.

Animals can get treated badly? Well no shit sherlock. Just what do you and PETA think happens in the wild. Do you think they cuddle under a rainbow while skittles shower down on them?

Pyree

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Stupid PETA, this is a game. If your kinds are allowed to win, there would only be one game: Hello Kitty Island Adventure.[/citation]
Cats are forced to walk on their hind legs 24/7? ANIMAL CRUELTY!!! This Hello Kitty game should be banned.

bluestar2k11

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Best comment I've seen all week^^
I think I ran over some dogs in Carmageddon 2, to say nothing of the people lol.

But since I can't run Carmageddon on my desktop, I guess killing tigers, animals and various things in Skyrim will have to do. Oh and I sometimes use AoE spells in Aion to kill chickens, scorpions, and geckos with 1 hit point, sometimes I just suck the life right out of their bodies with Absorb Vitality V.

Sorry, had to say that^^

[citation][nom]chuckchurch[/nom]I'm going to go play some Carmageddon...[/citation]

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Not that I am a fan of some of Ubisoft's practices, but they should release a free DLC minigame where you do nothing but hunt whales and you can ram PETA ships for bonus points

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
"does not condone any sort of violence towards animals" Hypocritical BS PETA was caught killing thousands of cats and dogs in it's so called shelters. Then again they are leftists and leftists are liars to the core.

grant barker

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
To understand PETA, you need to Google 'Are You Healthy? Are You Kind?' Then watch those videos. Then and only then will you understand more about PETA and indeed YOURSELF.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
this is not TECH NEWS, who is Catherine Cai? is she a pseudonym for Chris Chase?

nobody cares about PETA, unless cats and dogs are being turned into Cyborgs, PETA has nothing to do with Tech news.

and for the record i do not care for any one of these animal mongers after they started comparing me to nazi's. at that point if i ever heard an animal monger claim animals were like jews under hitler in ww2 again to my face i was going go bleach my hair buy blue eyed contacts and throw one of them in an oven and turn it up full blast.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
i'm sick of hearing about Peta. Theya re a bunch of degenerates that need to exit the gene pool. here's why

1. the world ecology works of a food chain, herbivores eat plants , carnivores eath other animals , omnivores (what humans are ) physically require things from both plants and meat so they eat both. it's a food chain get it ?

2. again human physiology requires we get things from both plants and animals , there are certain proteins that our brain REQUIRES to function , these proteins can only be gotten from meats or meat byproducts.

3. if you threw some peta nuts on the african plain with a gang of ravenous lions , these peta f---ers would be alright and ready about killing said lions when it came down to their survival or the lions (and if they let them selves get eaten then it only reinforces why they need to be out of the gene pool)

So I love the REAL PETA that's People eating tasty animals .... because ... It's natural!!!! now pass me some chopped up cow on some ground up and baked grain please!

3vilGenius5

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
PETA should focus more on protecting real animals and not ones that can respawn over and over.

Their reaction to killing rats in Battlefield 3 was most amusing. Yet they didn't say anything about the suicide bomb dogs in COD4:MW3. Hmm...

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]We should stop harpooning whales and start harpooning PETA spokespeople.Which scenario is more likely?:A. Your average run-of-the-mill Teenage Timmy, after playing through the latest Assassin's Creed video game, pries his butt off his parents sofa, away from the TV and video game system, and decides that what he just did in the video game must be worth doing in real life. Goes to the local marina and hijacks a seaworthy vessel (checking before hand to ensure that the vessel has all the necessary harpooing equipment already on board). Googles how to operate a fishing boat and sails away from the convenience stores, shopping malls, teenage girls and whatever other things teenagers are into, out into the open sea. There, he displays a patience unheard of in modern adolescents, and waits for a whale to reveal himself. Now, a master of boating, he is able to both stear the vessel in order to chase the whale as well as fire the harpoon gun in order to kill the whale.orB. Timmy goes to the kitchen to heat a pizza pop while the next game loads on his gaming console.[/citation]Well if you ask an Anthropological Global Warming advocate (which includes all PETA members), both of these potential futures are equally possible.

tokencode

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Wow PETA has shown a new level of stupidity with this... I think Ubisoft needs to create an add-on pack where you can hunt PETA members

Status
Not open for further replies.