Ubisoft Responds to PETA Backlash Over Assassin's Creed 4

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maherraw

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
like there was no violence before inventing games... all people were living in peace and harmony, no one harmed, killed or invade anyone in the past. just grow up ffs violence is inside every human and will be no matter what we do, u should blame 1st parents for how they raises their children.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I like PETA and am glad they exist. Folks like them just make it all the more gratifying when I bite into a nice juicy steak, chop the head off the Thanksgiving turkey and watch the body run around, etc.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
PETA *IS* a good thing... usually.

They have done this with Mario because he was dressed up as an animal. But PETA came back and said they did it for publicity, not stupidity.

So... is PETA being stupid or playing stupid to get people to talk about the whale killings of today? Which IMHO, whales shouldn't be hunted at all... and the Japanese "scientist" are not doing any research what-so-ever. yeah, we're killing thousands of animals a year to know them better.... right.... NOT!

Even for publicity... PETA still looks stupid.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]PETA; People Eating Tasty AnimalsLets not go forgetting who these wackos really are. These are the same people who put up a huge fuss about home animal abbuse, while at the same time being the largest single animal killing group in the world.http://www.theatlantic.com/health/ [...] ls/254130/http://www.petakillsanimals.com/http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/i [...] down_game/http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opini [...] 4mkmmM9SUNhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ce [...] rters.htmlPETA is a group of thugs who swindle people into giving them money to line the pockets of the management, while providing a stage for morons and strippers to whine about injustices. Anyone for animal rights ought to be against PETA.[/citation]hahaha I would give you a thumbs up but you're already at 20.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Err, no idea how a message 5 messages down got quoted above...

[citation][nom]vertigo_2000[/nom]We should stop harpooning whales and start harpooning PETA spokespeople.Which scenario is more likely?:A. Your average run-of-the-mill Teenage Timmy, after playing through the latest Assassin's Creed video game, pries his butt off his parents sofa, away from the TV and video game system, and decides that what he just did in the video game must be worth doing in real life. Goes to the local marina and hijacks a seaworthy vessel (checking before hand to ensure that the vessel has all the necessary harpooing equipment already on board). Googles how to operate a fishing boat and sails away from the convenience stores, shopping malls, teenage girls and whatever other things teenagers are into, out into the open sea. There, he displays a patience unheard of in modern adolescents, and waits for a whale to reveal himself. Now, a master of boating, he is able to both stear the vessel in order to chase the whale as well as fire the harpoon gun in order to kill the whale.orB. Timmy goes to the kitchen to heat a pizza pop while the next game loads on his gaming console.[/citation]This is the one already at 20! Great post!

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
This is one of those cases of which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The fact is violence existed before video games. Video games are a reflection of true life, not the other way around. If someone were to make a game about kids going into schools and shooting up other kids well, that's probably because we all saw it happening in the news. Just like war, or crime, or stealing cars, etc. These behaviors aren't condoned by anyone.

I mean, I don't think stealing cars is a good idea, but then again I don't have a criminal mind. A criminal mind is going to break the law and hurt others, and doesn't need a video game to come up with ways to be stupid.

So everyone who wants to blame video games needs to lay off. As a parent, my daughter won't be playing games that are overly violent. Why? Because she is DEVELOPING. I can't keep her from knowing about and understanding violence, but I want to have talks and ease her into it. Life is hard enough without thinking that violence in the answer to problems. If she hits a kid in school because violence seems ok, then I am to blame. Not the video game or the video game developer. Bad role models are everywhere. It's my job to make sure she has good ones, which means no violent video games. It's called parenting! But peta, if my daughter knows not to pull a cat's tail since she was age two, I think she can handle harpooning a few whales in a game now that she's over the age of ten. Afterall, kids have been pulling cats tails and men have been whaling since before any of us were born. It's nature for us to hunt. Maybe you should try it sometime, it's a real carnal and animalistic thrill. It's part of what man is. We're hunters, just like sooo many other mammals. Embrace what you are. No need to fear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.