UFC Blacklisting Fighters Signing with EA

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRyan21

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Vegas Native here, dana white is right, EA can suck it. There was a lot of ppl who thought that UFC was a joke.....too bad EA

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
it's not as if EA has hold on NFL licenses so other publishers can't use real names or logos or stadiums or even stats on their own football game...

oops!!

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
I love the UFC and have alot of respect for what Dana has done for the sport. But, he tends to over react to these things. In fact back when THQ was finishing Undisputed, Dana was trying to secure the likenesses of the fighters to make THQ more comfortable with the deal because THQ was worried about EA getting involved. Anyway, a few fighters didnt want to sign away their likeness so they can keep the possibility of having their own game in the future.

Dana flipped out and threw a fit banning all of AKA from the UFC. However Lorenzo being the great business man he is, quickly jumped in and cleared things up.

Dana, I love ya man but you need to get your emotions out of the game.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
It is one thing to respectfully decline to make a game about something. Like if EA was to say "While we'll keep our options open, we are not interested in a game about underwater basket weaving at this time."

If EA really said what White claims they did though, I don't blame the guy. I think he has a reason to be upset. EA is just seeing all the sales of the other game and wants to play "me too", cause they were too far up their own arses to get it right the first time.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Dana is doing the right thing with this. EA can go to hell in this respect. Dana is very emotional and very outspoken, but I agree with him 100%.

Hupiscratch

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
Agree with UFC president. If EA said it is disgusted about the sport, so whatta hell are they looking for signing with the athletes? Good for THQ.

NoCaDrummer

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I used to work for Broderbund, who was across the freeway from EA. After I was let go, I found out that my supervisor was also working as a "consultant" for EA - while employed at Broderbund! As a Broderbund stockholder at the time, I was none too pleased, but he denied it and helped block my getting a job there. Probably a good thing I never went to EA.

fonzy

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I love watching two things I hate fight,Dan White is an idiot but I agree with him on this.I hate EA, they make shitty games(mostly) better off letting another company make UFC games anyway.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
I really hope EA doesn't jump in. THQ made a great game. Considering UFC sales blew away FNR4 (which only sucks because of 'total punch control') no wonder they're after the sport.

EA ruins games, franchises, developers.

Keep EA away. I will not be buying an EA produced MMA game.

samely

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I still hate EA for what they did to Madden for the PC and Command & Conquer. It's nice to see people who know how terrible of a company they can be.

fausto

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]I love the UFC and have alot of respect for what Dana has done for the sport. But, he tends to over react to these things. In fact back when THQ was finishing Undisputed, Dana was trying to secure the likenesses of the fighters to make THQ more comfortable with the deal because THQ was worried about EA getting involved. Anyway, a few fighters didnt want to sign away their likeness so they can keep the possibility of having their own game in the future. Dana flipped out and threw a fit banning all of AKA from the UFC. However Lorenzo being the great business man he is, quickly jumped in and cleared things up. Dana, I love ya man but you need to get your emotions out of the game.[/citation]

i agree, Dana can let emotions get the best of him. but you gotta give the man credit, it's his leadership that brought the UFC to the point it is at. he didn't do the fighting but he has handled the promoting better than anyone in the boxing game.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
Good for him - SCREW EA.

Nobody likes EA anymore - all they care about is exploiting the "flavor of the month" for profit.

Right now, UFC is the flavor of the month and even after dissing UFC and mixed martial arts as a whole, they realize how much money there is in it and now all of a sudden EA wants to get back in?

SCREW EA.

Kill@dor

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Finally...its time EA has a rude awakening. They have fabricated tons of titles and made money cheaply...the only title, in my opinion, they did a good job on is Crysis. All the others fall short and they have been stealing money from us with lame releases. Thanks to the Pres. for standing up to this BS. Wish we would do the same...

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Honestly guys, take a step back and realize that if it WERE a sport, one dude wouldn't control it. You don't see anyone getting banned from football for signing on with EA. As long as they aren't doing drugs, they should be able to fight.

I understand why white would be pissed. But, punishing your fighters over your own grudge is childish.

bk420

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
I think UFC is not as big of a sport as it could be. Certainly it's not soccer or nfl, but still is profitable. Both parties will benefit from cooperation.

But yes, it sucks to say something and then have to take it back!

Status
Not open for further replies.