Ultimate Gaming Headset?

RonFishy

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
I have been searching around to find the absolute best gaming & more headset, with no specific price range in mind. I was looking at, and about to buy, the Astro A40s - but then I found out that they do not cancel noise well, people nearby could hear the audio. That's a big downside to me.

Features I'd like:
-7.1 Surround Sound
-Noise-Cancelling (As in, cancels environmental noise and people around me can't hear it)
-Cross-platform (PC, Xbox 360/One, PS3/4)
-Preferably a mix-amp (included or available)
-Carrying case (included or available)
-Highest quality build/specs
-Comfortable to wear for long periods of time.

Thanks!

P.S. For an example, the ASUS Strix Pro gaming headset looks really nice, but it's not cross-compatible with other platforms outside of the PC/PS4/smartphone categories, so I sort of discarded it. (Correct me if I'm wrong, and it actually does work with Xbox 360/One, PS3 - it wasn't too clear on the website: https://www.asus.com/Gaming/STRIX_PRO/)

Solution
Do not go with Razer, i recently had a very bad experience with them. There is a buzzing sound in the background, and when switching programs, it takes a while to sync. I like there exterior build quality, but the electronics are not very good.

EVO ZXR is your best choice

Hope this helps

BlueFireZ

Estimable
There are a lot of Turtle Beaches with the cross platform and surround sound, just check out their website and narrow down. They may not have a carrying case and a mix amp, but they are good quality headsets.

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Turtle Beach headsets generally have poor sound quality for the price, I wouldn't recommend them. Creative has some nice headsets, like the Sound Blaster EVO ZxR, has everything you want except a mix-amp, and it has an amp built into the earcup. It's also wireless, but can be used with an analog cable or USB to micro USB cable.

DocOc

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

Not all Turtle Beaches have poor sound quality, they are generally pretty good for the price. Although they are not very durable when it comes to the wiring. You just have to take extra special care of them or they'll break in half a year.

I know some people don't like them, but Razer has a few very nice headsets with true 5.1 and 7.1 audio systems. Shure makes some amazing headphones but i'm not too Sure (pun intended) if they make gaming headphones.

RonFishy

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014
I have had both Turtle Beach and Razer headsets, one Razer, two TB - the Razer works, but I made the mistake of getting an only XB360 wireless headset, when I was wanting wired + cross-platform, but now I know. Both of the TB wires broke in months, though they were good headsets.

I'm honestly just looking for the absolute best headset with the specs I mentioned in the first post - as you can see by the title, sound is very important to me and what I do everyday. Thanks for the replies so far! :D

BlueFireZ

Estimable
Do not go with Razer, i recently had a very bad experience with them. There is a buzzing sound in the background, and when switching programs, it takes a while to sync. I like there exterior build quality, but the electronics are not very good.

EVO ZXR is your best choice

Hope this helps

Solution

RonFishy

Estimable
Feb 15, 2014

Seems to have some pretty mixed reviews, and I'd rather not go through the whole wireless headset thing again.
Any other suggestions, that follow closely to the features I'd like on them?