Ultraportable Gaming Laptop, better to best experience

G

1. What is your budget?
$1000 - $2000
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Ultraportable, <5lbs, external monitor to accommodate smaller laptop screen size.
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080 (or suggested)
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable, Will also be used to access my virtual desktop (work).
5. How much battery life do you need?
~4 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Occasional gamer. WoW, Skyrim, etc. Medium to High settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo/Video editing (basic), document creation, entertainment (itunes, streaming videos and movie downloads), Skpe.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I am currently using 60GB on my current work laptop which is mostly work applications. No games are stored on the laptop yet. Documents are backed up on my external HD, flash drives, or in the cloud. Not really sure how much I need.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
None.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2 - 3 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don’t have a preference.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I’ve had poor results with HP in the past, HD failures, reliability. Dell has been good to me and so has Apple.
13. What country do you live in?
USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Maybe 5 hours or less a week gaming so dumping a ton of money into a laptop would be silly. Buying the cheapest laptop with the worst graphics would not make the experience enjoyable either. I’m looking for a happy medium. I want a good experience when I play but it doesn’t have to be the best. The important aspects are speed and picture quality. I don’t want to wait on my laptop and I don’t want visually to feel like I’m playing Everquest circa 2000 (which is about the last time I logged serious hours). The laptop would be used to also log into my virtual desktop for work but the settings necessary for that build are minimal. I realize under 4lbs is probably unreasonable and I’m not expecting miracles. I’m just looking for a laptop that can provide some entertainment, serve as my hub to connect to my virtual environment for work, but not as a lethal weapon when I travel with it. Thanks in advance, my preliminary searches were becoming a time suck with all of the available options today.

Solution
Well my bid would be the Gigabyte P34G, coming in at abotu $1,400 it covers all of your bases, HDD, SSD, top of the line graphics and very portable, matte full HD screen, what do you think? :)

TheAntiDoctor

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Well my bid would be the Gigabyte P34G, coming in at abotu $1,400 it covers all of your bases, HDD, SSD, top of the line graphics and very portable, matte full HD screen, what do you think? :)

Solution