Solved! un75f6300 samsung 75 led lcd purple/magenta line

Apr 11, 2019
My tv developed a purple line near the middle of the screen, it started a year ago but would only happen once every few months, then it started happening one time a week, but as of last week its now popping up after 5 minutes of the tv being on and doesn't go away. I was hoping someone knew what causes it and what the fix might be, i've had the tv for 5 years with zero issues so not sure if i should just upgrade to a 4k or spend money fixing it? thanks for any help

Solution
Solution
Apr 11, 2019
Hi helpstar,

Thanks so much for all that info. I've been also doing something a bit strange to kind of fix it. On youtube I found a video of someone that presses on the top and bottom of the tv frame where the purple line ends, and the line seems to go away for usually a few days. At the moment I haven't seen the line in over a week(fingers crossed). I think the whole "flexes" makes sense as being the main culprit. Once the "pressing" stops working I will probably risk trying to take the tv apart and cleaning connections and soldering anything that looks loose. Thanks again for the help!! Have a great day.