Question un75f6300 samsung 75 led lcd purple/magenta line

Apr 11, 2019
My tv developed a purple line near the middle of the screen, it started a year ago but would only happen once every few months, then it started happening one time a week, but as of last week its now popping up after 5 minutes of the tv being on and doesn't go away. I was hoping someone knew what causes it and what the fix might be, i've had the tv for 5 years with zero issues so not sure if i should just upgrade to a 4k or spend money fixing it? thanks for any help

Apr 11, 2019
Hi helpstar,

Thanks so much for all that info. I've been also doing something a bit strange to kind of fix it. On youtube I found a video of someone that presses on the top and bottom of the tv frame where the purple line ends, and the line seems to go away for usually a few days. At the moment I haven't seen the line in over a week(fingers crossed). I think the whole "flexes" makes sense as being the main culprit. Once the "pressing" stops working I will probably risk trying to take the tv apart and cleaning connections and soldering anything that looks loose. Thanks again for the help!! Have a great day.

You are welcome. Usually this is a flex connection right where you were pressing. Once you gonna open it up, gluing or soldering should do the trick. These flexes are very fragile, so be very careful trying to fix it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yanuszz TVs 0
J TVs 1
B TVs 0
S TVs 1
N TVs 0
Condo0132 TVs 0
C TVs 0
C TVs 0
George1971 TVs 1
Jeh_13 TVs 0
A TVs 2