Question Unable to Print from Laptop

Feb 7, 2021
This is making me crazy... I am unable to print successfully from my HP laptop, (partially printing and unreadable) but I can print from my iPhone with the print very clear and correct. What gives? Obviously it isn't that the ink has run out. I have unplugged the printer from the wall as well disconnected the cord from the printer and just let it sit for hours. I have run the Print/Scan Doctor with no resolution. This is my second HP Envy and I thought the previously one was just a lemon, now I'm thinking it is maker. I would greatly appreciate any help out there.

Sounds like the information being sent to the printer is not the proper format. There are setting that may fix that, but the easiest way is to go to the printer vendor's support site and download and reinstall the printer package. Unfortunately, that usually installs a bunch of stuff you don't need, but I've found it the best way to fix problems as you describe. You should uninstall the existing printer before you start (settings/printers & scanners, click on the printer and click remove).

Feb 7, 2021
Sounds like the information being sent to the printer is not the proper format. There are setting that may fix that, but the easiest way is to go to the printer vendor's support site and download and reinstall the printer package. Unfortunately, that usually installs a bunch of stuff you don't need, but I've found it the best way to fix problems as you describe. You should uninstall the existing printer before you start (settings/printers & scanners, click on the printer and click remove).
Thank you. I actually tried the uninstall printer fix in my latop's settings then reinstalled. That did not seem to help with the issue. I will try your suggestion to download directly from the hp site.

Let me know what happens. I've had problems with a Brother printer. I downloaded a special "uninstaller" from Brother that was supposed to delete all traces of printer software and then reinstalled their package and all was well. You might see if HP has a similar cleanup utility.

Feb 7, 2021
I did uninstall and reinstalled from the HP123 site, unplugged cord from the outlet as well as the printer and this time it printed completely blank. The printer shows up as ready to print when I went to print. So the way I see it, my pc sees and recognizes the printer but loses the data of what to print. Ugh.

Feb 7, 2021
and the printer model?
how the hp connecting to the printer, how the iphone connect to the printer?
The printer is a wireless HP Envy 5055 and my iphone is a 7 plus which also uses a wifi connection to print. It look like my laptop recognizes the printer and shows it is ready to print but nothing is on the page when it comes out of the printer.

Feb 7, 2021
Can you print a test page? Do this from the settings/printers & scanners/select printer/click on Manage/click on print test page
I just tried a test page and it printed in blue text: Windows Printer Test Page and also an icon of a printer in the upper right of the page, also in the same same royal blue color. I am not sure what I test page should look like. Does that sound correct?

TRENDING THREADS