unblock restricted numbers

Susan Wagner

Estimable
Apr 23, 2015
I am VERY upset to read all this,... My 14 year old daughter is getting calls from a "restricted" number, telling her that they are in the basement or outside the house,.. "just waiting for her to fall asleep"!! I called verizon,.. they said they Can't help me,.. is that true or they Won't HELP ME without a court order? This person is clearly unbalanced. I know, I know,.. change her number. I did,.. they got it again, so clearly someone she knows her or knows someone she knows. Great! A psycho on the inner circle. Blocking the call.. NOT much of a solution after this erson has gotten angry and antagonized that he has been blocked and hurts my daughter.I need to know who he is NOW,.. before something happens Help!

Solution
You almost certainly won't get the number without a court order, and definitely won't get the name. There are very very good reasons for this (part of which is that they may not in fact know - prepay SIM from a supermarket, for example).

Take it to the police, and they should know what to do.
You almost certainly won't get the number without a court order, and definitely won't get the name. There are very very good reasons for this (part of which is that they may not in fact know - prepay SIM from a supermarket, for example).

Take it to the police, and they should know what to do.

Solution

Pooneil

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
You should immediately report this to the police. About all you can do, technologically by yourself, is block the calls from restricted numbers.

Since they have somehow gotten her new number, it is most likely a stupid teenage prank. Make sure she knows the perpetrators are committing a crime, you are taking it seriously, that you will do everything you can to protect her and believe she is not in any danger.

TRENDING THREADS