Unboxing The Nintendo 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]I think the screen looks like cheap washed out sh!t.A more expensive DS with the 3d gimmick thrown in.[/citation]

It's always tough taking pictures of LCD screens, so reserve final judgment for when you see a 3DS in person.

-Devin

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]cknobman[/nom]I think the screen looks like cheap washed out sh!t.A more expensive DS with the 3d gimmick thrown in.[/citation]

Obviously it will look bad. It's in 3D and the camera and your screen isn't.

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]Obviously it will look bad. It's in 3D and the camera and your screen isn't.[/citation]

Actually I turned the 3D off for the photo. The top screen has a "resolution" of 800x240...or 400x240 for each eye. The bottom screen is 320x240. Like most other LCD panels, the screens on the 3DS just don't photograph very well unless you're in the perfect lighting environment...which my desk and office is not.

-Devin

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010

You do realize that this device is by far more powerful than the 3DS? Oh and it is more powerful than the PSP.

jasonpwns

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2010
[citation][nom]jasonpwns[/nom]You do realize that this device is by far more powerful than the 3DS? Oh and it is more powerful than the PSP.[/citation]

*I meant DS oops

dconnors

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
So far I am impressed with the graphics. This handheld does SSF4 justice. More to come tomorrow night/early Monday morning, so stay tuned, folks.

-Devin

G

I tried this out at the SXSW and though I thought it was pretty amazing (played SF and RE Mercenaries) , I am guessing the initial wow factor will wear off soon , I had the same experience with Nvidia's 3D glasses and after sinking close to $500 in that I am not going to be as quick to jump into this

Status
Not open for further replies.