Under $600 gaming laptop and 3D rendering purpose recommendation

N-Yuuki09

Commendable
Jun 24, 2016
Hello, folks.. i need recommendation for laptops, Gaming and 3D Animation and Rendering purpose, I don't need Ultra Settings @60FPS, Medium @40FPS or above 30FPS will do, i have a budget at about $600 (because if converted to Indonesia Rupiah (13050 IDR * 600 USD = 7.800.000 IDR or about $800)

I have targeted Asus X55DG with FX 8800, (in here it's about $800), and also for 3D Modeling, Animation, and Rendering such Maya, Blender, and Zbrush.. This is going to be mobile type thing because the main one for rendering i used my PC, but i need to work outside of house, so doesn't need to be High-end Such as Alienware or ROG or Predator..

Thank You! ^^

Solution
That Asus is OK for low settings in games, unless you are talking about old games. Newer games will not run on Medium at 40 FPS on that system.

Your budget is too low for a decent laptop for games and rendering, it's more for a basic use system, unless you get a used system.

It's tough to compare things because markets are so different with pricing, but for a gaming laptop and for 3D work you want a system with a 960m video card at least for anything approaching good results. And that is for today, in 2-3 years that 960m card will be on the low end. Something like this system is OK https://www.amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Quad-Core-i5-6300HQ-Processor/dp/B015PYYDMQ Good size SSD, real quad core CPU, 960M video card.

You need to...
That Asus is OK for low settings in games, unless you are talking about old games. Newer games will not run on Medium at 40 FPS on that system.

Your budget is too low for a decent laptop for games and rendering, it's more for a basic use system, unless you get a used system.

It's tough to compare things because markets are so different with pricing, but for a gaming laptop and for 3D work you want a system with a 960m video card at least for anything approaching good results. And that is for today, in 2-3 years that 960m card will be on the low end. Something like this system is OK https://www.amazon.com/Dell-15-6-Inch-Quad-Core-i5-6300HQ-Processor/dp/B015PYYDMQ Good size SSD, real quad core CPU, 960M video card.

You need to either live with a slower system or up the budget.

Solution