unfixable audio problem

Jelle_2

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
In my home i have multiple recievers, multiple aux cables, multiple speakers and multiple recordplayers. but whatever combination i try, there is only sound coming from the right speaker. i had a regulat setup of a reciever, aux cable, smartphone, speaker cables and 2 speakers. i swapped every part until nothing was the same and the problem persisted. i don't know what the hell is going on but i double checked every element except the wiring of my house. anyone here have a clue?

Solution
with everything off, swap the left and right speaker wires. does the speaker that works change or do you get nothing? could be a busted speaker. if it swaps, could be a problem with the amp inside the receiver. could be the wiring too if it fails the first test above.
with everything off, swap the left and right speaker wires. does the speaker that works change or do you get nothing? could be a busted speaker. if it swaps, could be a problem with the amp inside the receiver. could be the wiring too if it fails the first test above.

Solution