Solved! Unplugged Power Adapter From Laptop, But the Charging LED Is Glowing and the Computer Wont Turn On

REKTEDMLG

Estimable
Jul 10, 2017
As the title says, I went to unplug the AC adapter from my laptop, but the charging LED is still glowing, and now my computer won't even turn on. I have already tried methods like removing the battery, but the back of the laptop can't be taken off, and since the laptop isn't on, I can't drain the residual power from it. What do I do?

Solution
I would say you have a hardware problem and it's not an issue you are likely able to fix yourself. I assume when you remove that main battery and wait a few minutes, the charging LED goes out, correct? At that point, if you plug in just the main battery, does the LED come back on? BTW, the notion of "residual charge" is mostly bogus. Holding down the power button is not to drain charge. It is a signal to the hardware to do a reset and is designed for that purpose.
I would say you have a hardware problem and it's not an issue you are likely able to fix yourself. I assume when you remove that main battery and wait a few minutes, the charging LED goes out, correct? At that point, if you plug in just the main battery, does the LED come back on? BTW, the notion of "residual charge" is mostly bogus. Holding down the power button is not to drain charge. It is a signal to the hardware to do a reset and is designed for that purpose.

Solution