Unresponsive touch screen

Bjarmin

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Hi all,

Have Samsung Tab A which went dead for some reason, managed to restart but now have half of the touch screen unresponsive. Carried out a hard reset as many sites suggested but cannot get past the first language setting screen as cannot select the yellow arrow, can scroll and choose the language though.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Was the phone recently dropped at all or knocked around?

I ask because it sounds like the screens connections have either come loose, or the screen is going and needs replacing.

Before doing anything mentioned after this point, if your device is still under warranty, and you haven't dropped or damaged it in any way, I would really suggest contacting your provider or the manufacturer about the issue. If, however, you are out of warranty, or damaged the device in some way, then please read on.

You could try, if you feel comfortable opening it up, see if anything is loose inside which could be causing the portion of the screen not to register touch.

However, to be honest with you, I would say that it is most likely that it needs...
Was the phone recently dropped at all or knocked around?

I ask because it sounds like the screens connections have either come loose, or the screen is going and needs replacing.

Before doing anything mentioned after this point, if your device is still under warranty, and you haven't dropped or damaged it in any way, I would really suggest contacting your provider or the manufacturer about the issue. If, however, you are out of warranty, or damaged the device in some way, then please read on.

You could try, if you feel comfortable opening it up, see if anything is loose inside which could be causing the portion of the screen not to register touch.

However, to be honest with you, I would say that it is most likely that it needs replacing. In this case, you have the option of replacing it yourself. You can find many videos online that show you how to do so. Or you can take it to a local tech and have them replace it for you.

Solution