Unstable Computer Specs

SikeOh

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
So I had this computer for a month but my charger broke so I got a new one that provided more watts, when I started to use my computer again. My computer wouldn't charge but instead stayed at 0% and my CPU and disk would spike ALOT when I went to use rocket League I would go to the main menu and the graphics would be extremely bad and the fps at 10 and under previously I would run it at 100. Also my ram would barely be used, I had 7.9 available and I'd only use 1.3.
My specs
-8GB RAM
- Quad Intel(R) Core (TM)i7-5500U CPU 2.4 ghz
-Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500
-NVIDIA GeForce 920M
-Dell Inspiron
Overall my computer has been slow too, I can be on the main menu of civ 5 and if I try to open anything in another tab it'll take way to long.While doing games too my disk would spike to 0%-10%-14% and keep doing this. Any ideas what my problem is and any soulutions?

Solution
Sounds like the charger that you are using now isn't appropriate for the laptop, and it is kicking down to using integrated graphics instead of the 920m. Buy the right charger.

rgd1101

Don't

get a charger that work. buy the same one from the laptop manufacturer

SikeOh

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016

You think that can effect the disk efficiency?

UKRsoldier

Commendable
Mar 7, 2016
Sounds like the charger that you are using now isn't appropriate for the laptop, and it is kicking down to using integrated graphics instead of the 920m. Buy the right charger.

Solution