jaje

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
Hi guys as the subject says
I want a headset that makes a difference especially for soundstage
Budget 300 dollars
Thanks

Solution
there is no right or wrong answer. some people hate virtual surround, some people love it. you need to experiment with it on and off in multiple games.

be aware there may be some games with crappy audio which sound bad on any headphone so it may not be the headphones fault in these cases. this is why a broad selection of tests is important.

TLDR; you need to experiment to see what settings you like in multiple games.
you may want to start by explaining why you feel the soundstaging on the ad700x is not good enough. they have a nice wide soundstage equal to or better than headphones in the sub $300 range. of course what kind of soundstaging you prefer will bias your opinion but its been claimed by individuals that all of the cans ad700x, dt990, k702, q701, dt880, hd800, etc have better soundstage than the rest. i think it depends on what you consider good soundstaging (some offer better close up, some offer better far out, some sound more natural while others sound a bit unnatural).

also, you may want to note what you liked and did not like about the ad700x as well as what equipment you have to power them and what purpose you want them for.

jaje

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

thanks i just feel the soundstage isn`t that great but i`m confused by xonar dgx proper settings for the headset...wish i know what is the best settings to get best soundstage

well, i can tell you that the ad700x has a wide soundstage compared to many models. some might offer better separation and more distant feel to them and you might prefer that but the soundstage is by all means not small. just to be perfectly clear about what soundstaging is in case you are thinking of the wrong term: soundstage refers to how well headphone can recreate the effect of being there at the time of recording (you are the mic) and hearing sounds coming from multiple distances, heights and directions and being able to pinpoint them with your eyes closed. its a hard to describe element but that is the general idea. keep in mind that how soundstaging will sound is also influenced by the recording or what data is sent out to the headphones. some games for instance are very bad at 3d sound such as cs:go.

you might be one of the users who benefits from having virtual surround (dolby headphone) turned on for gaming. or if you have it enabled you might benefit from it being off. virtual surround for some will heighten the feeling of a 3d soundstage while others may say it distorts sound and lowers quality. different people have different opinions.

again, WHAT about the soundstage do you not like. do you feel they do not accurately recreate depth? do you feel that positional audio (360 direction of sound) is off? do you feel that it does not feel natural and is forced or that they feel too airy and distant?

if you think they sound too airy and distant... then you would likely want a smaller soundstage not larger (smaller soundstage will sound closer, less airy and distant - more in your face). if you feel that the ad700x sounds too close (not sure how it would... but just as an example) then you would want larger soundstage (and of that, i listed a few options but honestly depending on opinion your idea of which has the largest soundstage will vary). if you feel it just doesnt have the resolution or ultra crisp detail you want then you might want brighter more treble focused cans (the akg cans do this but also can be fatiguing due to brightness in treble.). its is very important to note exactly what you do not like and what you do like and also how you feel about them with virtual on and off, how they feel to you with music from different sources as well as multiple games if you use them for gaming. the broader your testing is the better you will know what you do and do not like.

jaje

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

i really want to pinpoint where players are coming from this is the most important thing...sometime ad700x works wonders but sometimes i didnt feel like they are helping , i appreciate your answer but the settings for my sound card confused me..can`t decide which one is better..7.1 or 5.1..virtual off or on..etc

there is no right or wrong answer. some people hate virtual surround, some people love it. you need to experiment with it on and off in multiple games.

be aware there may be some games with crappy audio which sound bad on any headphone so it may not be the headphones fault in these cases. this is why a broad selection of tests is important.

TLDR; you need to experiment to see what settings you like in multiple games.

Solution

jaje

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

thanks