Upgrade Laptop Motherboard?

grilledcheez

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Hi All,

I've been trying to do some research online, but keep hitting brick walls. I was wondering if there is a site or something that I could purchase an upgraded motherboard from for my HP Pavilion dv5000 (Model#: dv5220ca and P/N: EZ538UA#ABL) .

I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but I'd like to get a new board for the laptop, something that can support a Core i3, i5, or i7 mobile processor.

Can anyone help me out, or is this just a pipe dream?

I know it would probably make more sense just to get a new laptop, but I love the feel of this laptop, and it's served me awesomely for the last 8 or 9 years.

Thanks.

poutinerocks

Distinguished
May 14, 2011
I'm not sure about your specific laptop, but with nearly all laptops you can't upgrade the motherboard, cpu and gpu.
You can however, usually upgrade the ram and hard drive.

grilledcheez

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Yeah, I upgraded RAM a while back, and the HDD, however, after doing some research, my processor is the AMD Turion 64 ML-37... single core processor, Socket number 754.. I found there are dual core processors that match the socket number (AMD Turion 64 MT-37 for example) T apparently means dual core. I'm wondering if my laptop is capable of running an AMD Turion 64 MT-40.... do you think switching to a dual - core processor will add some significant speed to it???

grilledcheez

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
I'm trying to find out if there are any other MOBOs from the dv52XX series laptops that will fit into my laptop that possibly supports a dual core processor of some type... but I'm having a retarded time trying to figure that out... anyone got any ideas?