Upgrade my laptop

Solution
You're pretty much stuck with what you've got.

That laptop wasn't designed for gaming anyway so even if it was upgraded it would get too hot when gaming, causing instability & sudden shutdowns, and unlike a desktop PC you can't fit aftermarket fans or coolers inside a laptop - - so it's a lost cause.

If you want to game and it has to be laptop, you should've chosen a gaming laptop from the Asus ROG range, HP was a bad choice anyway (poor reliability).

Ideally you need a desktop PC for satisfactory gaming performance, plus a standard laptop for everything else when you need mobility. Requires splashing out a fair amount of cash I know, but you can't game satisfactorily on the cheap.
You're pretty much stuck with what you've got.

That laptop wasn't designed for gaming anyway so even if it was upgraded it would get too hot when gaming, causing instability & sudden shutdowns, and unlike a desktop PC you can't fit aftermarket fans or coolers inside a laptop - - so it's a lost cause.

If you want to game and it has to be laptop, you should've chosen a gaming laptop from the Asus ROG range, HP was a bad choice anyway (poor reliability).

Ideally you need a desktop PC for satisfactory gaming performance, plus a standard laptop for everything else when you need mobility. Requires splashing out a fair amount of cash I know, but you can't game satisfactorily on the cheap.

Solution