Upgrade what to do.

mDxLT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
Heya all again so ive currently have
Lg 906Pa 1100w system i am lack of sound even i put on full vol 40 it doest seems to be loud enough ive moved house and it has living room connected with kitchen but still i dont get the sound that i am wanting so will sell it,
there is a lad selling his audio set witch includes
JBL E90 X2 towers
JBL e30 x2 shelf speaker
jbl es25c
subwoofer jbl e150p
and Harmon Kardon avr130
Asking price 800€
Or should i look for something better
or maybe best off building your own towers buy speakers seperate with tweeters. and woofer and connect them together in a box if this would get me better speakers for same money?
Suggestions please looking to spend up to 1k€

Solution
You don't HAVE to have such facilities, but why reinvent the wheel. I would start with a new receiver/amp and your existing speakers. An single component (amp, front speakers, sub, surrounds) can take your entire budget, so try to reuse what you have and augment. Therefore and receiver/amp is my recommendation.

kanewolf

Judicious
After looking at pictures for the LG 906PA, that 1100W rating is GARBAGE. Look at the size of the wire that will fit in the terminals of that unit. TINY. Look at a high quality amplifier, and you will see the capability for large (12ga) wire. That means more current gets to the speakers. That means more sound.

Building your speakers isn't the best answer IMO. You don't have the tools and facilities that companies like Paradigm or Klipsch have. Buy speakers.

mDxLT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014

i am sure you dont need to have such a facilty to be able to build your own towers, sub boxes etc. Anyways you saying if i upgrade an amplifier and get 12 gouge wires will do the better for them speakers?

kanewolf

Judicious
You don't HAVE to have such facilities, but why reinvent the wheel. I would start with a new receiver/amp and your existing speakers. An single component (amp, front speakers, sub, surrounds) can take your entire budget, so try to reuse what you have and augment. Therefore and receiver/amp is my recommendation.

Solution

mDxLT

Estimable
Dec 1, 2014
kanewolf yeah you are probably right i should start of something like an amp, ill try getting an amp any recommendations on it.?
soundguruman i am sure there no problems with the speakers or anythong its just the way it is id say.

JBL speakers are usually not very good a lower volumes. They like to play loud. While that might be OK with some music on home theater it usually is a problem. You need low level clarity for dialogue and sound effects. If you don't you have to play the system too loud so you can understand the words.
Depending on where you are located you will have a different selection of gear and different prices so it's hard to say what your choices are. Paradigm would be a step up from JBL for sure.
Building speakers can be fun but it won't really save you any money.