Upgrading a tough book CF-30 please HELP

Jscott326

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016
Can I take parts from an old laptop and use in my tough book like the hard drive, processor, and RAM memory

ffg7

Splendid
depends on the make & model# of the old laptop as there is at least 3 different types of hard drive interfaces like ide & sata, 4 types of laptop ram that are not pin compatible to each other as in ddr, ddr2, ddr3 & ddr4 plus different cpu pin sockets besides 2 different cpu manufacturers, intel & amd & whether the cpu is soldered to the motherboard or in a socket.

Jscott326

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

I have a couple old laptops 1 is a HP60 that had a ddr2 ram in it and a hard drive that has 5400 rpm sata-3.0gb along with some more numbers and the processor has AMD SEMPRON on it with a bunch of numbers that wouldn't cross through a search engine the other is a dell which I couldn't get it apart enough to remove anything besides the ram which was ddr3 but the ram from my CF-30 looks like ddr2 but it doesn't say on the board anywhere I certainly don't want to guess any ideas your help would be appreciated I'm pretty handy with my hands so replacing the parts on the tough book won't be hard I just don't know enough about the computer parts to order the right stuff and I was no way going to pay the place I got it to upgrade it seemed like they were charging double or triple the price of what the stuff was actually worth

Jscott326

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

The dell is a Inspirion N7110 and hp is g60-121wm but my plan was to purchase the tough book and adjust it to my liking I was going to install 8gb ram, a i7 processor and a 1tb ssd hard drive I felt that would pick up the speed a bit my Dell if I remember had 8gb ram, an i7 processor, and 500gb hhd hard drive but from what read about hard drive the ssd can not be wiped with a magnet like the hhd can anyway though through my investigation into these laptops mine has a number attached to the model like MK2 and most of the tough books that are more advanced has a MK3 or MK4 and the one I have has a processor that's is labeled Intel core 2 duo 1.6Ghz would the i7 be a direct replacement or would I need to replace the motherboard with one newer again I really appreciate your help