Upgrading lapptop

sandeep17sarsa

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
Im using HP Pavilion g6-1302tx laptop
having 2.3 GHz Intel Core i3-2350M. 3 MB L3 cache 4gb ram
AMD Radeon HD 7450M (1 GB DDR3 dedicated)
How could i tunned it up or upgrade it for better performance on gaming
is overclocking can be done or any mean like addind extra grphic crd

Solution
The Radeon HD 7450m is an entry level card. It is better than the Intel HD 3000 graphic core which is part of the i3-2350m CPU. However, it is slower than the Intel HD 4000 graphic core which is found in Intel's latest Ivy Bridge CPUs.

You'll probably be able to play games like following mostly with medium graphic quality or a mix of low and medium...

Sims 3 (high quality)
Cities XL 2012
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Crysis 2 (excluding the DX11 patch)
Mass Effect Trilogy
Fifa 2011 (high quality)
StarCraft 2
Diablo 3
Laptops cannot be overclocked and you cannot upgrade the graphics card.

You probably can upgrade the CPU if it is not soldered in, but you need to find out if the laptop can accept a Core i5 or i7 CPU. The fastest Core i3 CPU is the 2370M which is only 100MHz faster than your current CPU.

Only certain gaming oriented laptops will allow you to upgrade the graphics card (like Alienware), but they generally cost at least $1,500+.

However, upgrading the CPU will have pretty limited gaming improvement since most games are limited by the graphic card than the CPU. That's why a laptop with a Llano A8 APU using the integrated graphic core will always perform better than any Intel Sandy Bridge CPU using the Intel HD 3000 graphic core in games.

Sure, Intel CPU cores are easily 20% more powerful than the CPU core in Llano APUs. But Llanos have more powerful integrated graphics so Llanos will always perform better in games.

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
The only other things you can really do to a laptop would be add more RAM and add an SSD. More RAM wouldn't affect performance that much, and a SSD wouldn't really add any noticeable gaming performance (lowered load times, but that's it).

The Radeon HD 7450m is an entry level card. It is better than the Intel HD 3000 graphic core which is part of the i3-2350m CPU. However, it is slower than the Intel HD 4000 graphic core which is found in Intel's latest Ivy Bridge CPUs.

You'll probably be able to play games like following mostly with medium graphic quality or a mix of low and medium...

Sims 3 (high quality)
Cities XL 2012
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Crysis 2 (excluding the DX11 patch)
Mass Effect Trilogy
Fifa 2011 (high quality)
StarCraft 2
Diablo 3

Solution

sandeep17sarsa

Honorable
Feb 26, 2012
wats abt adding other card on my laptop through any cable extension
i have seen it on a site using extra graphic card using pci extension I don't know how that was done???can it be possible